TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Blackvue Motion Detection settings

Discussion in 'Model S' started by plasmo, Jun 29, 2017.

1. plasmo

plasmo Member

I have my Blackvue hardwired into my Model S so it has constant power which is very nice.
    Surprisingly, it doesn't drain too much power but wanted to see what other people's Motion Detection setting sensitivity (in Parking Mode) is at. My camera captures too many videos of people walking by or cars that are far away while parked, but don't want to dial it down too much so it doesn't capture any motion. Feel free to share your settings if things have been working well...

2. f-stop

f-stop Member

Don't worry about turning it down too low!
    the parking mode motion sensing on the 650GW-2CH is way to sensitive. I have the motion setting set to 1 and it still catches the slightest motion in the visual field of view - cars or people in the parking lot, trees in the wind, rain drops on the windshield at night etc. No danger of missing any actual important event IMO. I have a 128GB memory card, so no big deal if it records more than expected in parking mode, though I do wish it weren't so overly sensitive, as it does make searching through so many extra clips when you're looking for something a bit of a bother. At night I'm parked in a dark garage so at least it's not recording uncessarily through the night. Meanwhile I have the parking mode G-settings up I think at 90

3. Barry

Barry Member

Agreed. I have it set to almost zero. It will always record people or cars going by. My goal is to keep it from recording tree branches or clouds moving.

4. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I left mine in the default mode for parking and have had no issues for a year. Honestly, I use it only for that one day that some schmuck hits me. Almost happened on the 4th but I reacted before I even knew I was doing it. Phew!