Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blanding SC direct to Holbrook SC - has anyone done this in S85? Any range anxiety?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EVtripplaner.com says 224miles and 205 range miles between Blanding and Holbrook- at 70F no wind... Watch your speed, especially if there are strong headwinds and you'll make it after a range charge in Blanding.
I'd start the trip at 5 under the speed limit and enjoy the scenery. once you are pretty sure you'll make it you can speed up.

We did Flagstaff to Blanding - 243 miles which is a little bit longer than Holbrook to Blanding. 2015 S85D.
Needed to go slow for a bit. Yes, some range anxiety, but made it. Hotel in Tuba city has a 240 destination charger if you want to kill some time and get more juice, but it is just faster to go a little slower - 65 mph.

Kayenta would really be a welcome addition in that area.

Reactions: KJD
I wonder how the reverse of that trip, Blanding to Flagstaff would work since I'd be gaining elevation? I'm also in a 2015 S 85D. Seems my first 30 miles go by awfully quickly as well. I suspect battery degradation?

We drove 200 actual road miles from the Page AZ Supercharger to the Blanding UT Supercharger through Monument Valley in our 2015 P85D with 19" Michelin MXM tires last March. Arrived at Blanding SC at ~ 23% SoC driving very conservatively the first 100 miles then gradually going faster as we approached Page. Not a problem since the scenery was beautiful, there was very little wind, and ambient air was cool / mild so no heavy AC or heat required. We had an "emergency" 14-50 outlet available with 50A / 240V at Goulding's Resort RV & Campground about 2/3rd's the way in Monument Valley which really negated any "range anxiety" since this route is in an otherwise EV charger "desert".

Great planning = Great result. EVTripPlanner.com was awesome. ABetterRoutePlanner app might be even better.