TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Blank MCU, indicating eMMC failure but EVERYTHING works?!

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Eddyme, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Eddyme

Eddyme New Member

Hi,

Yesterday my car turned on as usual but the MCU display never came on, after a few reboots I figured the infamous eMMC issue had finally found its way to my car. After reading a bit on this forum I found some normal symptoms that indicates a eMMC failure, for instance the mph instead of km/h or failure to connect to phone app etc. The weird thing is that in my case everything works, I can supercharge, I can listen to music through voice command (though the MCU reboots every 5 min or so) and I can even use the touch function as long as I remember where the buttons are placed. Has anyone experienced the same thing? Can it really be a eMMC failure with just the display going dark, or might this be something totally different? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

2. Eddyme

Eddyme New Member

Addition: Its a Model S mid 2014.

3. zanary

zanary Active Member

4. Eddyme

Eddyme New Member

5. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

If you shine a bright light on the screen can you see the image? (Maybe just the backlight, or backlight control, failed.)

6. Eddyme

Eddyme New Member

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortanately it didn't work. The passenger airbarg is on message has moved permanently to the other display and it seems to me that the car knows the MCU is not displaying and are moving all essential (mandatory) indicators to the other display and tries to reboot every 5 minutes or so...

[​IMG]