Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blank model x center screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I recently purchased a black Model X Plaid. This was a US spec car, but I imported it into a country that doesn't have Tesla service. Yesterday the center screen went completely off when I entered the car. Initially I tried doing the soft reset where I press both scroll wheels, but this didn't work. I tried pressing the brake pedals as well, this didn't work either. I did multiple soft resets, at least 7 in that day. I finally stumbled upon another solution which was to do a hard reset by disconnecting the 12V battery and the safety plug. After letting it drain for 2 minutes I plugged everything back in. The screen still wouln't turn on. I suspected that rodents may have chewed off some wires, but based on my own inspection the wires seemed fine. Furthermore, the lights, blinkers, honk, AC, rear screen, wipers and literally any other electronic component worked fine. I am currently out of options. Anyone have any suggestions?