TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Blank nav screen

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ozweepay, Oct 1, 2015.

1. ozweepay

ozweepay Member

My nav screen, since the day after delivery, is just a grey grid. Other 4G services are working. And if you zoom to JUST the right level on nav, the map comes back in certain neighborhoods.

The red arrow (indicating my position) still updates, so the computer is working. Seems like the 4G isn't updating the map somehow. Is this a known issue? I did a search here and found one thread from early 2014 with folks saying, "Call it in."

2. depeche

depeche Member

I was told by service you have to :

1. Restart the main screen (hold down both scroll wheels on the steering wheel until the big 'T' shows)
    2. Reboot the center console (Hold down both 'upper buttons on the steering wheel until the big 'T' shows)
    3. Repeat step 1.

This reset the LTE for me. I have also had it work by just doing the first 2 steps.

3. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Call the Service Centre. Loss of GPS occasionally happens after the LTE upgrade. In my case it the SC caught it before they gave the car back to me. I don't know the fix, but I suspect they have to reload firmware.

4. kort677

kort677 Active Member

before I ever call any problems in to Tesla I always do a reboot. it usually fixes whatever isn't functioning properly.

5. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

In general, that's correct but the loss of GPS after the LTE upgrade can't be fixed that way. Apparently even pulling the fuse doesn't work either.

6. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Well-Known Member

Apparently the lack of GPS issue I had immediately after my LTE upgrade was a short. I received the following today, from my service advisor:

"Your car had a short in a wire that went to module for the navigation antenna! I’m happy we found it, it was not easy!"