Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blank sentry films

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday evening we came out of a restaurant and I noticed a BLUE sentry notice. Usually they are yellowish.

When we got home I checked the sd card and some of the films mostly from that evening were blank.

What causes this?

As far as I know no one messed with the car. Perhaps they leaned in to take a look but I don't know because the film was blank.

Yesterday evening we came out of a restaurant and I noticed a BLUE sentry notice. Usually they are yellowish.

When we got home I checked the sd card and some of the films mostly from that evening were blank.

What causes this?

As far as I know no one messed with the car. Perhaps they leaned in to take a look but I don't know because the film was blank.
You need to stop the recording stream to the USB drive before you take the stick out of the USB port. Press and hold the camera icon for about two seconds. Then wait about five seconds. The camera icon should change to no longer having a red icon. That means the data streams have stopped being written to the drive.

Most all "blank" videos are caused due to drive directory corruption caused by removing the device while an active data stream is being written to it.

Once I switched over to properly stopping the data stream before removing the drive, I have had zero "blank" video files.

You need to stop the recording stream to the USB drive before you take the stick out of the USB port. Press and hold the camera icon for about two seconds. Then wait about five seconds. The camera icon should change to no longer having a red icon. That means the data streams have stopped being written to the drive.

Most all "blank" videos are caused due to drive directory corruption caused by removing the device while an active data stream is being written to it.

Once I switched over to properly stopping the data stream before removing the drive, I have had zero "blank" video files.
==========
Thanks. I really didn't pay attention to how I did it. When we got home and parked in the carport I just reached in and pulled the sd reader out. Next time I will make sure to turn things off.