Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blank update window

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the last 3 or 4 software updates my window explaining the update (Release Notes) has been blank. I tried closing it and opening the window via the Tesla icon, but I get the same result. Anyone else experiencing this? Anything I can do?

I have found if you are on wifi the notes do eventually display after a few minutes waiting.

Your car is MCU1 like mine. I suspect they are using the extremely slow browser to render the notes, and the MCU1 is busy rendering the map or somesuch, and it takes forever for the MCU to get a slice of processing power for the notes.

My browser has been essentially non-functional in any practical way since I got the car, so I don't bother ever to use it. I did notice that my maps would not follow my position this AM, but hopefully when I go back to it later it will have corrected itself.

The release notes say that you have Spotify (updated?), the maps were updated with miles to searched destinations (old?), you have a Joe mode (updated?), new button positions (updated?), and maybe something else.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
IMG_0675.png

That's it. I wonder what they did to break it? It was working fine for the three years I've owned the car until recently.

The browser is even slower than before, if that is possible. Reminds me of the days with my 300 baud acoustic modem.

• Funny
Reactions: pilotSteve
I had the same problem. I had to leave and come back to find it finally up. (AP1 2015) I read somewhere that it might be a good idea to delete some of the history in navigation maps. You have to swipe left I believe. I know the MRI scanner I work with slows way down when the memory starts to get full. Hopefully that helps. I personally hadn't ever deleted anthing ever till last week!