TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Blargh Delays ...

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by JaredBanyard, Jan 17, 2014.

1. JaredBanyard

JaredBanyard Member

Hmm wish Tesla would give better delivery estimates, its pretty maddening. I think this has been my history:

1. Order the car - Told beginning of January
    2. Get to production Jan 2nd - Told Jan 15th.
    3. Production ends Jan 6th - allowed to schedule delivery, earliest is 10AM Jan 17th.
    4. Told "expected ready date moved" - moved to 10AM Jan 18th.
    5. Told person is on vacation - move to 11AM Jan 18th.
    6. Told delivery truck is delayed - moved to 4PM Jan 18th.

If they had just told me Monday, Jan 20th and been safe about it, I wouldn't keep having plans change.

2. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

I can understand. The time from ordering to delivery seemed endless, and I ordered an inventory car that only took 10 days! The wait is more than worth it.

3. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I know it's frustrating to have your car delayed a few days - Model S anticipation is hard to deal with. But don't feel too bad, there are lots of us here who waited years for ours!

4. EarlyAdopter

EarlyAdopter Active Member

#4 EarlyAdopter, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
    I vaguely remember going through this a year ago, though it's all a long forgotten memory. Once you get the car, you won't remember anything about it before the 18th. :)

EDIT: Ah, yep - found it (yay, search!)

5. JaredBanyard

JaredBanyard Member

Delayed again. Truck broke down and cars moved to another truck. Delivery Monday.

6. muleferg

muleferg Active Member

I Remember 2 year's ago with my Leaf. Arrival date moved back 3 times.

7. Bardlebee

Bardlebee Member

Hey, its Monday. Pics or it didn't happen! >:|