TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Blatant plug for motel charging in Scottsdale AZ

Discussion in 'North America' started by roblab, Apr 16, 2014.

1. roblab

roblab Active Member

Just had a pleasant experience I wanted to share.

I made a reservation at a mid-grade motel in Scottsdale, AZ, which is about 3 blocks from the Tesla Showroom. We've used this same motel, Best Western Sundial, about 3 times when we go visit our kid in Phoenix. As I was wrapping up the reservation details, the guy on the phone asked if there was anything else he could do for me.

"How about putting in a 14-50 outlet by the pool for me??!" He said he would check on it, and I never heard another word until my wife and I walked in last week. The front desk guys evidently were expecting us. "Aren't you the folks with the Tesla?" Yeah. "Well the owner is putting in an outlet for you. Should be ready before you leave."

And it was. Got a full charge for putzing around Phoenix/Scottsdale, and then for heading out to come back home in Napa Valley.

I offered to help pay for it, but he wasn't interested. Got to make a couple suggestions, took him for a ride and let him drive. He says he doesn't plan to charge any Tesla that may want to use it, so I expect some folks may just plug in, walk over to the mall for a while, and come back later.

If you need a place to stay while in Scottsdale area, I would recommend checking this out.

2. apvbguy

apvbguy Banned

maybe a wiki that lists tesla friendly businesses that we encounter should be posted. we should be spending our money where it is appreciated

3. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Great work!!!

Please put this location on Plugshare with a good review!

4. qwk

qwk Model S P2681

This is a very good idea. EV friendly places should be rewarded.

5. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

6. apvbguy

apvbguy Banned