Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blemish under/around front license plate holder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a used 18 model s. Got pretty lucky as it’s quite clean. Very happy with it so far. I removed the front license plate holder and noticed a blur kind of blemish around/ under where the left side of the plate holder was. Anyone know what this is?
One pic has the flash on so it’s real obvious the other (yellow)is with natural light.

678C5478-AAE1-44F8-A286-7DD53A7CE183.jpegF68A0403-1635-4392-8FF8-9F119B3ECBB6.jpeg

Perhaps the previous owner removed the holder and damaged the bumper when the adhesive was removed, which also holds the holder in place, Some people use heat or other things to get the adhesive off, and these can damage the paint the adhesive is adhering to.

A note of empathy: I had a Mercedes E63 AMG I picked up at the factory in Germany. Upon my return home, I removed the unnecessary front license plate holder. I discovered Mercedes just drills two holes in the front painted bumper to affix the required front German license plate, and screws it on. I either had to repaint the bumper of my new car, or just keep the license plate holder on the car. I chose the latter. This was a wonderful car in every respect except this minor blemish. My favorite!

Enjoy your new car! :)