Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blendmount radar mount doesn't work for model Y :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK. No criticism on my Dremel skills. I simply didn’t care for perfection as it was hidden and it is a leased car. As you can see in the last pic (where I circled the area) is that the small shroud really isn’t the problem. However, it worked for me because it allowed some additional play with the larger shroud piece that comes straight down in front of the mirror stem. I bet if one simply made a clean cut in the blue area on the piece of the upper shroud that I circled, the M3 mount will fit no problem.

View attachment 600999View attachment 601001
View attachment 600999

Thanks, that was very helpful.

So since it is tapped into the lights, does this leave the radar on ALL the time, and not just when the car is awake? So to turn "off" the radar you need to turn off the power to the radar directly? I have a V1 that I would like to hook up hardwired....and I know on ICE cars, it would be off when the car was off, and turn on when you turned the car on, so it would keep the "volume" levels....does this do that or does it have to be manually turned on and off?
I am trying to do the exact same for my Model 3 too. I took the compartment from the cabin light off but was unable to figure out the wiring but ended up putting everything back because I didn't want to screw up the autopilot. And if, like OP said, the power doesn't cut off upon you exiting the car, i don't see a reason to take everything off and try tapping it to the mirror again

I’m able to dig around the lower mirror cover like you did with a gift card but it won’t break loose for me.
I dig deep just like your video but just can’t get it to drip down yet.
I marked it and I will use my deemed cut off wheel to make a clean cut for the mount to work but first I need to get this damn cover to pop off.

many other tips?

I whish I had seen this thread earlier. I recently ordered a blendmount for my model 3 and just discovered it won't fit (not unless you don't care about positioning the rear view mirror to a useful position. The clamp parts I received are labeled 09-0001 and 09-0302. From what I can see in the photos posted, these appear to be the same parts shipped for the Model Y.

I've contacted the company to insure these are the correct parts, and if so will be returning the mount. Very disappointing.

yeah man. I made a video on it but it wasn't too hard. How did you do it?
Well, I was doing it in the dark with a headlamp, which probably made it harder than it should have been, LoL. Basically I took it all apart and flipped each part around until I found orientations that worked. Trying to follow the pictures in the install guide or assuming how it was assembled when shipped is what threw me off.

Now time to run some wires and find switched 12V.

PXL_20220604_234105204.jpg

OK. No criticism on my Dremel skills. I simply didn’t care for perfection as it was hidden and it is a leased car. As you can see in the last pic (where I circled the area) is that the small shroud really isn’t the problem. However, it worked for me because it allowed some additional play with the larger shroud piece that comes straight down in front of the mirror stem. I bet if one simply made a clean cut in the blue area on the piece of the upper shroud that I circled, the M3 mount will fit no problem.

View attachment 600999View attachment 601001
View attachment 600999

Wait… you dremeled a leased car?! bold move.