Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blew something up in the rear!…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry for replying so late. Been really busy/worrying about if it was gonna be covered lol.

So it ended up being that I blew a High voltage controller and when that failed my main fuse for the car also blew and as a tech at tesla said that’s what what was responsible for the “firework show”.

They thought my mods were cool and it was all covered under warranty and got my car back within a week which shocked me.
E16A450E-F916-445E-85A9-DED9B36CF5F9.jpeg

4861EB9C-C3E5-40B8-A20E-3A05427EF747.jpeg
4808ED08-FB6C-4AD2-976F-C963E7F86D22.jpeg

One thing that happened that was pretty shitty tho was cause my car is lowered a couple inches they had trouble getting it on the flatbed. So he had to jack one side up to tie the cable underneath. And the dingus forgot to lower the car and take the jack out. So he just dragged it underneath 🤦🏼‍♂️ Tesla pretty much ignored that fact even telling them multiple times.

View attachment 811969One thing that happened that was pretty shitty tho was cause my car is lowered a couple inches they had trouble getting it on the flatbed. So he had to jack one side up to tie the cable underneath. And the dingus forgot to lower the car and take the jack out. So he just dragged it underneath 🤦🏼‍♂️ Tesla pretty much ignored that fact even telling them multiple times.
Your Y doesn't "look" that low but ya never know. I glad you were able to get it sorted and nothing went sideways. Btw is that your baby blue S? That color reminds me of a bike I had in highschool, a baby blue CBR600. The guy I got it from had custom plates that read BLUBYU or something silly like that. Thinking back it was a terrible vehicle for a hs senior but I loved it.

Your Y doesn't "look" that low but ya never know. I glad you were able to get it sorted and nothing went sideways. Btw is that your baby blue S? That color reminds me of a bike I had in highschool, a baby blue CBR600. The guy I got it from had custom plates that read BLUBYU or something silly like that. Thinking back it was a terrible vehicle for a hs senior but I loved it.

Its really only lowered 1.5 inches from the stock model y performance height. But it was partially on a dirt hill as well so it was lower on one side.

The other car was Alex Choi’s. I ran into him at a gas station/small car meet.

Sorry for replying so late. Been really busy/worrying about if it was gonna be covered lol.

So it ended up being that I blew a High voltage controller and when that failed my main fuse for the car also blew and as a tech at tesla said that’s what what was responsible for the “firework show”.

They thought my mods were cool and it was all covered under warranty and got my car back within a week which shocked me.
View attachment 811966
Looks great what’s your tire setup

Lol I had a sleepless night because I thought I had a warranty scare this last weekend and my Y is lowered with coil overs.

I was driving to Vegas. After supercharging in Baker at 1130pm I heard something rubbing and clanking on the drivers side every time I accelerated and stopped. I looked under the car and didn’t notice anything rubbing. So I continued to drive while looking into different causes of sounds on that side. I read about CV boots going bad and saw that video about not getting the warranty covered. So I started thinking in the morning I’ll contact my installer to install my stock suspension so I can take it to tesla.

When I woke up I grabbed my half empty water bottle and realized at the beginning of the trip I had 3 water bottles in an under seat storage drawer under the drivers seat. After supercharging the previous night I grabbed a water bottle. So I got back in the Y that morning and took out the bottles… and the sound went away!!!

I guess you got to pay to play lol.

Lol I had a sleepless night because I thought I had a warranty scare this last weekend and my Y is lowered with coil overs.

I was driving to Vegas. After supercharging in Baker at 1130pm I heard something rubbing and clanking on the drivers side every time I accelerated and stopped. I looked under the car and didn’t notice anything rubbing. So I continued to drive while looking into different causes of sounds on that side. I read about CV boots going bad and saw that video about not getting the warranty covered. So I started thinking in the morning I’ll contact my installer to install my stock suspension so I can take it to tesla.

When I woke up I grabbed my half empty water bottle and realized at the beginning of the trip I had 3 water bottles in an under seat storage drawer under the drivers seat. After supercharging the previous night I grabbed a water bottle. So I got back in the Y that morning and took out the bottles… and the sound went away!!!

I guess you got to pay to play lol.
Haha ya I had the same thing happen when I first installed these. Since Installed everything myself I was worried cause there was a huge clunk coming from the front. But it was just the endlink wasn’t tightened down enough lol

View attachment 811968View attachment 811969

One thing that happened that was pretty shitty tho was cause my car is lowered a couple inches they had trouble getting it on the flatbed. So he had to jack one side up to tie the cable underneath. And the dingus forgot to lower the car and take the jack out. So he just dragged it underneath 🤦🏼‍♂️ Tesla pretty much ignored that fact even telling them multiple times.
I used to live a few blocks from this gas station at sepulveda & moraga. Every weekend I’d hear the motorcycle groups race up and down sunset Blvd. Glad to hear your car got fixed.

Sooooo. It happened again. Got stuck in a bad neighborhood last night in LA for 2.5 hrs in my car. In the middle of a road. Luckily it was a dead end road I had rolled into. There was legit people smoking meth next to my car. Phone was on 5% and my 12volt battery also died after 1.5 hrs of sitting there (lights off) with low music playing. I didn’t realize it was running off that but makes sense since the main fuse popped again along with the high voltage controller. So everything was off. I was getting pretty sketched at one point. With random cars just pulling up and chilling there. It happened at 11:30 and got home at 4am. I guess we’ll see what they say now… they gave me a model s p100d for a loaner so that at least something. Last time they just gave me Uber credit.

Sooooo. It happened again. Got stuck in a bad neighborhood last night in LA for 2.5 hrs in my car. In the middle of a road. Luckily it was a dead end road I had rolled into. There was legit people smoking meth next to my car. Phone was on 5% and my 12volt battery also died after 1.5 hrs of sitting there (lights off) with low music playing. I didn’t realize it was running off that but makes sense since the main fuse popped again along with the high voltage controller. So everything was off. I was getting pretty sketched at one point. With random cars just pulling up and chilling there. It happened at 11:30 and got home at 4am. I guess we’ll see what they say now… they gave me a model s p100d for a loaner so that at least something. Last time they just gave me Uber credit.
Sorry to hear the car is having issues again. At least no one started a trash can fire next to the car which would have increased chances of car catching fire.

Soooo.... Should we ask what you were doing in that sketchy neighborhood to begin with? :cool:

• Funny
Reactions: zpaul and Pianewman