Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blew something up in the rear!…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sooo I was driving and all of the sudden the was a decent bang when I accelerated in the rear and the back lifted like I drove over something and immediately my speed got limited to 37mph and within a second it put me in neutral, cut the power to the motors, told me to pull over safely and get towed for service. Tow truck driver said it might be that I blew my differential. Any one had this happen to me there’s 7500 miles on the model y performance. I have the MPP kw suspension and upper control arms on it with endlinks and UP sway bars.

The picture below were the last warnings I saw.

Attachments

• EC88BD91-910F-47C7-A4C9-A8094DF61E27.jpeg
    EC88BD91-910F-47C7-A4C9-A8094DF61E27.jpeg
    372 KB · Views: 490
Reactions: mm9351
How fast where you going when this happened? what after market parts have you installed? was there any electrical burn smell after this happened? did you get a chance to look under the car and if yes have you taken any photos? was there anything hanging from the car(rearend) after you pulled over? just some questions that might help you and us to diagnose the problem.

Reactions: VegasMYP
For 99% passenger cars, yes it does. Please name one passenger car that is on the market doesn’t have either open or lsd.
Lmao, stop being so triggered. You're going full on semantics and changing your point as you go. Give it a rest man. Also, the poster who started this could have meant no diffs = no lsd which is actually quite common.