Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

blimey it tops up fast!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3LR. After my first experience of using the Supercharger network last week, I have to say I'm very impressed. I used three on a 550 mile round trip over two days. The speed of charging was a surprise. My first stop was in Maidenhead where only one stall was free. Even with this, I charged from 28% to 90% in around 20 mins. The car did pre-condition before arriving, but basically it was shorter than the phone call I was on, so the time disappeared.

I opted on a whim to stop at Membury later that night on the basis that I'd get closer to home the following night. Didn't pre-condition and stopped for 15 mins for about 50% charge. I don't recall the exact numbers.

Stopped at Hopwood the next evening for 25 mins. Used the nav and pre-conditioned. Arrived at 29% and left at 90%.

When in my previous car, I very rarely used motorway services, preferring to use supermarkets for cheaper fuel and food. I would also think nothing of driving 300 miles or more without stopping. One of my main concerns about moving to an EV was over the necessary stops. The reason I went for a Tesla was because of the Supercharger network. It works well. Even though I arrived home later than I would have done in an ICE, I felt more relaxed having had to stop, take a walk and eat something at a fairly normal time! The move to Tesla may even be better for my health!