Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blind Holster for phone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This feature is quite cool, although I fear that I am missing parts. In a ziplock bag I received one of the smaller sidewalls of the holster labelled with a number 1, but they didn't include another of the same sized sidewall for the other side of the holster. Is this normal? Also, I received two larger sidewalls labelled number 4. But unfortunately both of these sidewalls are facing the same direction so I can't hook them up at the same time. Is this normal? I am left with the option of connecting one of the smaller sidewalls labelled 1 and one of the sidewalls labelled 4, which makes the phone a bit crooked on the lightning connector. Let me know what you received with your car and if I should call Tesla for more parts.

There were 4 sidewalls in my bag, but I didn’t install them - the service center installed them and asked for my phone (iPhone 6s plus) to make sure the fit was OK. At first, they did install using two different sized sidewalls, then they quickly switched to the smaller sidewalls to accommodate the wider phone. I do have a very thin case.

The bag now contains two left over larger sidewalls labeled

(Front labeled 3)
1061286-00-A L

&

(Front labeled 4)
1061287-00-A R
26338573285_13a40ca654_k.jpg

damn, I didn't get any of these.
Mine were in the glove box. Before delivery, the DS asked what phone I had so they could make sure the proper connector was installed, although I still had to ask them to install it during pickup. The bag has both a micro USB and an iPhone lighting connector. I’m sure they will provide you with the “bag” of parts, since it’s something that should come with the car.

I think the lightning adapters will probably work OK but have not tried them yet. I gave up on the micro usb. Not enough variance to get it to slip in. Heck I can barely get it into the phone when I line up the loose cable.

I also don't see the point of the brackets. You cannot see anything of phone anyway so why not just toss it into the tray and manually hook up the cable? That is what I am doing.

I've see another thread where it was mentioned that the blind phone holster is not included if you did not get the premium package. Has anyone with non-PUP confirmed this?

As far as I remember, and also from this fuzzy picture, it wasn't mentioned in the PUP selection.

Tesla-Model-X-Premium-Upgrade-Package-4500.jpg

What happens if you & your other driver have two different phones? I know I would have to change the parts, but how difficult is this process?

It took the delivery guy ~5 minutes to install the iPhone blind holster. I suggest getting a short cable to plug into the other USB port for your other driver. My wife also has an iPhone, but her case doesn't allow the blind holster to work. I got a 3' lightning cable and we can both easily charge our phones now.

It pairs based on the driver profile

Wow, if this is correct, this may be a new update feature. I remember suggesting to my service rep that bluetooth pairing based on driver profile would be cool. If I remember correctly, it would pair with the most recently paired device, no matter who was driving the vehicle (driver profile). I also suggested separate audio profiles for driver profiles, too... (fingers crossed)

I've see another thread where it was mentioned that the blind phone holster is not included if you did not get the premium package. Has anyone with non-PUP confirmed this?

As far as I remember, and also from this fuzzy picture, it wasn't mentioned in the PUP selection.

Tesla-Model-X-Premium-Upgrade-Package-4500.jpg
At around the time the design studio opened to the public, Tesla moved the holster out of the Standard Features list and into the PUP list.
image.jpeg
image.png