Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blind phone holster mod

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I got my X my iPhone 6 Plus wouldn't charge with my UAG case. The lightning connector wasn't long enough to extend into the bottom of the phone. I disassembled the connection kit and added 2 small pieces of double sided 3M tape to the back of the lightning plug to push it higher up. It now fits fine without the need to purchase a lightning connector extension.
IMG_2395.JPG

This sounds like a great mod. How do I remove the connection kit from the console? Do I just pull up or do I have to disassemble the other plastic pieces. If there are pictures, that would be super helpful! The X is in the body shop for repairs, but I'd love to do this when the car is returned. Thank you!

This sounds like a great mod. How do I remove the connection kit from the console? Do I just pull up or do I have to disassemble the other plastic pieces. If there are pictures, that would be super helpful! The X is in the body shop for repairs, but I'd love to do this when the car is returned. Thank you!

the floor just lifts out there are no fasteners holding it in place. Then 2 phillips screws to remove the charger. Once removed, flip it over and you'll have the view in the above pic. Remove the screw holding the "L" shaped bracket in place, insert your 3M tape and reassemble.

• Informative
Reactions: outie and joebob73