Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blind Spot Assist - Never noticed this

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
there are people who still like to drive themselves you know. In fact i would love to see some actual numbers comparing the amount of people who bought FSD to those who did not.

I generally enjoy driving, but I live in Atlanta and stop and go traffic is so common that I relish the ability to turn over driving to the car at these times. If traffic is moving I agree that I'd rather be in control and enjoying the experience.

Reactions: drdumont
I found these $3.95 autozone mirrors work great. Added them on the way home from picking up our new Tesla in fact. Used same for years on the tiny mirrors on my wife’s M3. Saves a lot of neck strain for us older folks :)View attachment 505893
Yes, I also have one of those convex mirrors installed on the left. It is helpful. But one important drawback is that at night on the freeway the rear view behind you, of all the lights, is confusing and you can't trust what you see. Therefore, T.Antony's find is helpful especially at night.

“Blind Spot Assist” is a made up term but a very real feature I never noticed. Apparently only arrived with the updated driving visualizations. I always knew about the warning chimes, the red line, and the outright collision avoidance, but never took notice (or read) of this one. When you’re on a multi-lane road, if you turn on your blinker, the car avatar zooms out and forward to give you a much deeper view into your blind spots. No need to touch the screen or anything. Super handy!

I love that. Also, good on ya for listening to some StarTalk with one of my favorite scientists, Neil DeGrasse Tyson! :D I really enjoyed his hosting in the reboot of Cosmos, especially since he was a Sagan understudy at Cornell.

“Blind Spot Assist” is a made up term but a very real feature I never noticed. Apparently only arrived with the updated driving visualizations. I always knew about the warning chimes, the red line, and the outright collision avoidance, but never took notice (or read) of this one. When you’re on a multi-lane road, if you turn on your blinker, the car avatar zooms out and forward to give you a much deeper view into your blind spots. No need to touch the screen or anything. Super handy!
Interesting, mine doesn't do that. Mine shows the lane I'm moving to and it's red until it's safe to move then it turns blue and moves immediately.

What are these called so I can pick some up too?
Pilot Wedge Blind Spot Mirror. Mi-003. 2.25” by 1.25”. $3.49 actually.

Be careful when placing it. I placed driver side while sitting in the car and looks perfect. I placed passenger side while standing outside the car and it’s amazing how far off your concept of level is while looking down from above. Thing stuck on so tight I’m just living with the slightly cockeyed placement (had just bought the car and didn’t want to explain to wife how I broke a mirror first day of owning it). Found same part number for a bit more on amazon but picture and sizes of description were incorrect so would avoid that.

Last edited: