Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blind spot assist?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove one and noticed the radar showing red when I was too close to the curb but thinking about it more I should have tested changing lanes with my blinker. Does it have this warning? If yes is it audible or only via the display?

Sadly no blind assist. If you search the forum you will see many posts on this subject. There has been some speculation that the promised improvements in release 9 for AP may offer something for this.

Also, the colors you saw are from the sensors that ring the car. Red means you are 12" or less from an object.

Sadly no blind assist. If you search the forum you will see many posts on this subject. There has been some speculation that the promised improvements in release 9 for AP may offer something for this.

Also, the colors you saw are from the sensors that ring the car. Red means you are 12" or less from an object.
That’s sad. Cheap cars have this. Hopefully they provide via OTA update. They have the hardware onboard

Well, I guess that I'm just old, but my neck still swivels my head around, and my eyes can still focus on mirrors, and my brain can still figure out when I have a car sitting at my rear fender. It's not a blind spot, it's a lazy spot. And you don't need fancy electronics or little beeping noises to make sure it's safe to change lanes. Use your brain.

Of course, even the cheap cars can give you cute ways to tell you your car shouldn't pull into the car beside you. But they can't give you the power to actually pull out and pass.

Reactions: Skipdd
Well, I guess that I'm just old, but my neck still swivels my head around, and my eyes can still focus on mirrors, and my brain can still figure out when I have a car sitting at my rear fender. It's not a blind spot, it's a lazy spot. And you don't need fancy electronics or little beeping noises to make sure it's safe to change lanes. Use your brain.

Of course, even the cheap cars can give you cute ways to tell you your car shouldn't pull into the car beside you. But they can't give you the power to actually pull out and pass.

"Lazy spot", I love it, so true! Just adjust your mirrors outward so you can't see the side of your car and swivel your head every time you change lanes... no exceptions :D