Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blind spot detection limited. Camera visibility reduced.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had this since 8.3 or 8.5 in the morning backing out of the garage. Goes away a minute after out of the garage.

I actually took mine in to have Telsa check on it. They found no issue. No water or condensation. Cameras are working properly (this is what I wanted to confirm) and they said it's a known issue in the firmware that a future firmware release should fix.

I'm now on 12.1.1 and I think I still saw it yesterday.

Received 12.1.2 Update last weekend. Just got this warning for the first time as well. Parked in garage. Bright and sunny and the warning stayed on the entire commute. Cameras wouldn't pick up any cars to the side. Hope it goes away on it's own.

Glad I checked here, it's not just me! It just started recently and happens regularly when I'm leaving the underground parking garage at my work. The first time it happened I wiped off the camera, but that was not it. I currently have 12.1.2 in my M3. The problem goes away once I'm out of the garage. It seems pretty clear this is a result of one of the recent releases; however, is it a bug giving incorrect results, or is it now correctly reporting an actual problem with blind spot detection?