Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Blind Spot Detection System - *pics included

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a unique new product installed by us (Al & Ed's Autosound in West Hollywood, CA.) It works on the same principles as park distance sensors, but SMARTER! As you drive the front sensors communicate with the rear sensors. If you pass something that the front sensors detect first alongside your vehicle, nothing happens. If something comes from behind or sideways into your blind spot, the interior visual indicator will illuminate a solid amber color. If your blinker is on to change lanes before a car is in your blind spot, the interior indicator will flash the amber color until there is no threat detected.

The system consists of the following :

• Two front bumper sensors (paintable so we can colormatch them to your vehicle)
  • Two rear bumper sensors (paintable so we can colormatch them to your vehicle)
  • Two LED interior indicators

Here are pics after installation.

DSC02764_zpsefcbc141.jpg

DSC02765_zps5bedb6f9.jpg

DSC02766_zpsed5820d8.jpg

photo4_zps4099cefe.png

DSC02769_zps99d219b5.jpg

photo5_zpsa1d1245a.png

DSC02772_zps6d2b46d1.jpg

photo_zps10cc54fe.png

06bb06cd-abac-48f5-87d4-aee747377629_zps6767caa0.jpg

d953b299-1eec-4a84-8f87-ed287cde2c27_zps8d5e47c0.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dhrivnak
These look great. Do you have installations sites outside of LA. I am in Seattle area . Do you work with anyone here? Also what's the cost of the system.
thanks again

Thank you.
We do all of our installs in West Hollywood. But we can arrange for transportation of your vehicle round trip (this cost varies) for an additional fee.
Contact Max at 310.854.5454 for more details.

Last edited:
Looks great, couple of questions:

1. Do you have any affiliates in NY that do the install (where I am)
2. Can the sensors be 'flush mounted' rather than stick out (similar to actual parking sensors)
3. Can they be combined with a parking sensor install (i have a car prior to when parking sensors were available).

Thanks in advance.

Looks great, couple of questions:

1. Do you have any affiliates in NY that do the install (where I am)
2. Can the sensors be 'flush mounted' rather than stick out (similar to actual parking sensors)
3. Can they be combined with a parking sensor install (i have a car prior to when parking sensors were available).

Thanks in advance.

1. No, because we do all of our installs in West Hollywood. But we can arrange for transportation of your vehicle round trip (this cost varies) for an additional fee.
2. No. This system requires the external type of mounting. There is no other aftermarket solution available as of now that mounts differently.
3. Yes. That is the preferred way. Call me for more details. Ask for Max at 310.854.5454

- - - Updated - - -

Looks great

Thanks!

I'm surprised the little blind-spot detector-warts were not made more invisible and flush with the surrounding surface. They kinda stand out even more than the parking sensor-warts. I do like the way you did the amber indicator lights inside, but the warts outside make me doubt I'd ever go for this.

I have had problems with things creeping up on me in my Blind Spot, and so I had the Goshers system installed last week...

blindspot1.jpg
blindspot2.jpg

I wasnt too crazy about the look of the internal "warts" or "nubs" as I like to call them, so had customs housings made.

My custom guy put on a metal housing rim and gave it the brushed metal look to match the rest of interior.

Also, I wanting something a bit darker so that in the evenings there is nothing that stands out.

We decided to install on the pillar, as the the housing made it a bit too thick to install on the window divider.

They light up when a something approaches from behind, and beeps when your turn signal is on with an object in place.

Attachments

• blindspot3.jpg
    blindspot3.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,206
Last edited:
I have had problems with things creeping up on me in my Blind Spot, and so I had the Goshers system installed last week...

View attachment 49078View attachment 49079

I wasnt too crazy about the look of the internal "warts" or "nubs" as I like to call them, so had customs housings made.

My custom guy put on a metal housing rim and gave it the brushed metal look to match the rest of interior.

Also, I wanting something a bit darker so that in the evenings there is nothing that stands out.

We decided to install on the pillar, as the the housing made it a bit too thick to install on the window divider.

They light up when a something approaches from behind, and beeps when your turn signal is on with an object in place.

Do you have parking sensors installed already? Do the Goshers work well for BSM?

Do you have parking sensors installed already? Do the Goshers work well for BSM?

I dont have the parking sensors installed... ive just been super cautious and try to give myself plenty of space.

I am getting set to install the front view camera.

the Goshers take a bit of time to get used to, and I have found they are becoming more and more accurate.

I still look most of the time, and make sure to be aware of others in my surroundings.

It's just nice to have that extra added level of security, and i have been caught a few times missing cars that the sensors didn't!

Why couldn't Tesla do something like this? The blind spot detection system now is totally useless. I don't see an indicator until a car is along side me. Way too late. A lot of times get no indication. By the time I look to the left away from the speedometer, the car passing me has their rear bumper about where my front bumper is.

Reactions: dhrivnak