Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blind Spot how to move position after latest update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the latest update and Tried to drag the blind spot camera to a different area on the screen but it didn’t move.
Didn’t see anything in the menus.

Anyone know how to do this ?
What is your software version number?

“Latest version” doesn’t mean much. Ability to move blind spot camera is not available until 2022.24 which, according to TeslaFi, only one vehicle in the fleet has currently.

Last edited:
Reactions: cwerdna
I got this update last week and love the relocation of the blind-spot camera. It took me a few tries to get used to dragging the window to the new location. Turn on blinker, grab window at the top where the little bar is displayed, and drag up or to the right. Works great. I've found I like the upper left position best, and it's a heck of a lot more usable in the new location.

Reactions: jpfive
I got this update last week and love the relocation of the blind-spot camera. It took me a few tries to get used to dragging the window to the new location. Turn on blinker, grab window at the top where the little bar is displayed, and drag up or to the right. Works great. I've found I like the upper left position best, and it's a heck of a lot more usable in the new location.
Can you have separate positions for left and right? I'd like to stick the Left top left and Right top right.

Two questions

1. Does the blind spot pop up remember the position you dragged it to the next time you get in your car?

2. This is more of a general UI question, but how do I answer/hang up a phone call when the blind spot view is covering my call controls? I've been on the phone sitting in a turn lane with my blinker on, and my blind spot viewer sits right on top of my phone controls blocking any access. I don't have the update yet that allows me to move the blind spot viewer around. Is there another way to answer/hang up a phone call...maybe using steering wheel buttons or something?

2. This is more of a general UI question, but how do I answer/hang up a phone call when the blind spot view is covering my call controls? I've been on the phone sitting in a turn lane with my blinker on, and my blind spot viewer sits right on top of my phone controls blocking any access.
Just push on the turn stalk opposite of the direction you’re turning to turn off the signal. You don’t really need your blinker on while you’re stopped on the turn lane. I think most people know where you want to go. After you answer/hang up, you can turn the signal back on if you wish.

Reactions: laservet
Two questions

1. Does the blind spot pop up remember the position you dragged it to the next time you get in your car?

2. This is more of a general UI question, but how do I answer/hang up a phone call when the blind spot view is covering my call controls? I've been on the phone sitting in a turn lane with my blinker on, and my blind spot viewer sits right on top of my phone controls blocking any access. I don't have the update yet that allows me to move the blind spot viewer around. Is there another way to answer/hang up a phone call...maybe using steering wheel buttons or something?
1. Yes it remembers the spot you move the blind spot screen to.
2. After the update, move the screen up and you’ll have your phone controls with blinker on.

Reactions: DP1096
Just push on the turn stalk opposite of the direction you’re turning to turn off the signal. You don’t really need your blinker on while you’re stopped on the turn lane. I think most people know where you want to go. After you answer/hang up, you can turn the signal back on if you wish.
Not every intersection has a turn lane. I get that I can turn the blinker off, was just hoping there was a more elegant solution. Sounds like I just need to wait for the software update.

2. This is more of a general UI question, but how do I answer/hang up a phone call when the blind spot view is covering my call controls?
Just swipe the blind-spot video rectangle down, and it goes away (yes, it comes back next time you turn on your blinker).

Oh - quick update: I was curious what would happen if the video was at the top of the screen, based on the new update (I have my video up top now). Just tried it and... what I said only works if the video rectangle is at the bottom of the screen already. If you've relocated it to the top of the screen, and swipe down, it just moves to the bottom of the screen (and you'd have to swipe down a second time).

So... if the blind spot video is in the way of your phone-call controls, definitely swipe it away with a quick downward swipe. If the video is up top, then this doesn't really apply...

Reactions: csrpenfab
I JUST GOT UPDATE 2022.24.8 AND CANNOT REPOSITION MY BS CAMERA. I DONT THINK ITS AVAILABLE YET FOR X/S
It's for 3 and Y only
1662945133988.png