Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blind Spot [I want a chime for blind spot warning]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I have twice tweeted to Elon to enable a sound warning, when there's traffic in the adjacent lane. It is very hard or almost impossible to keep your eye on the screen and see the vehicle in red, all they need is to give us a sound warning. Can we try to get this pushed. This is the only thing i am missing with the Model 3 ( i can live without the heated steering wheel)
Thanks

This has been discussed before but the adjustment range that Tesla provides does not allow me to tilt the mirror far enough out... I solved the issue by going to the Suma Performance wide angle mirrors... I also very much like the subtle blue tint.

the Model 3 doesnt have a blind spot with proper adjusted mirrors. I usually do check with a quick glance over my shoulder though.

This has been discussed before but the adjustment range that Tesla provides does not allow me to tilt the mirror far enough out... I solved the issue by going to the Suma Performance wide angle mirrors... I also very much like the subtle blue tint.

maybe the mirror angle is different on different model 3 iterations i.e. the ones with the auto tint?

• Disagree
Reactions: todd2fst4u
Hello all,

I have twice tweeted to Elon to enable a sound warning, when there's traffic in the adjacent lane. It is very hard or almost impossible to keep your eye on the screen and see the vehicle in red, all they need is to give us a sound warning. Can we try to get this pushed. This is the only thing i am missing with the Model 3 ( i can live without the heated steering wheel)
Thanks
I could not agree more. Tesla just needs to have the BMS behave like other designs: turn the traffic red if it’s a threat, yell when the turn signal is selected. No need to reinvent the wheel. Simple software change. It is useless in its current form.

Haven't had a blind spot or had to look over my shoulder in over a decade with at least 3 different cars;):D:D:D. My last car had the yellow LEDs in the side mirrors and they aggravated the hell out of me with no way to turn off.

Amazing that to this day that >95% don't understand how to adjust the mirrors.

The cars I have/had with Blind Spot Monitoring all have an on/off button. I am used to seeing the yellow warning light on the side mirror, so I just leave it on all the time.

I think it's a good habit to always check the side mirror and blind spot before making a lane change. Having the warning light on the side mirror helps if you have to change lane quickly and can't take your eyes off the front view.

I have had my mirrors properly adjusted to eliminate blind spots on all my previous cars but not this one. I dont have enough adjustment to do so on my model 3. I almost had an accident changing lanes so now im back to my old habits of really looking over my shoulder.

Reactions: Stach
I have had my mirrors properly adjusted to eliminate blind spots on all my previous cars but not this one. I dont have enough adjustment to do so on my model 3. I almost had an accident changing lanes so now im back to my old habits of really looking over my shoulder.

This is why, there should be an audible warning sound. When changing lanes on highways, focus is on checking over your shoulder and not looking at the screen for incoming red vehicle in the lane.

I too know how to adjust my mirrors so that the side mirrors are not just repeaters of the central rear view that most people are taught to arrange. Unfortunately for me, the Model 3 mirrors do not deflect outward far enough to fully adjust them properly. Fortunately for me, I never stopped doing a head-check despite having properly set mirrors for several years, so I don't have to relearn old habits.

Reactions: KenC
my previous bmw 4 series had an awesome blind spot warning system. The mirrors had an LED to indicate if there's a car on your side. If you also set the blinkers in that direction while a car is next to you, the LEDs would flash and the steering wheel would subtly vibrate. No annoying audible warning. The steering wheel vibration thing was a very smart move imo and the system was highly accurate with very less false positives. Every time I drive another car I miss this. Haven't gotten my M3 yet, but I wish Tesla would've thought of something similar.

Reactions: cwerdna