Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blind spot monitor on newest update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone said the latest software has blind spot monitoring. That is when you put on your turn signals, a camera showing your blind spot shows up on the screen.

However, I downloaded the latest update last night, and I didn't see this feature. (2021.44.6)

Is it still coming?

The holiday update is supposed to be 2021.44.25; that’s the one with the blind spot monitoring. Wonder if consumer reports will update their review after the update. Apparently the only thing that matters to them is blind spot monitoring.

The holiday update is supposed to be 2021.44.25; that’s the one with the blind spot monitoring. Wonder if consumer reports will update their review after the update. Apparently the only thing that matters to them is blind spot monitoring.
I think it's pretty important. Even if you physically turn to check your Blindspot, the b pillar obstructs your view, on the driver side blind spot. This happened to me last night

Just received 2021.44.25.2 today in my Model 3 and can confirm it works! While I love it, it could be improved. Currently, it sits as a small box in the bottom left corner of the screen when it activates and disappears once your turn signal switches off. Not sure if it’s any different for the MY. I wish Tesla would give us more control, like sizing, positioning, and perhaps allow it to be always on, especially for the right camera. My 2016 Honda CRV has probably the best implementation, with the ability to turn in the right camera and leave it on while you drive.

So far I am liking the Automatic Blind Spot Camera. I would prefer the camera image display be positioned on the lower right margin of the left side of the screen instead of the lower left margin. When you turn on the turn signal the Automatic Blind Spot Camera can't distinguish whether you are getting ready to change lanes or are making a turn. I would prefer if the Blind Spot Camera only activated when preparing to change lanes, not when turning. This would require FSD like AI to anticipate whether you are changing lanes or turning.

I would prefer if the Blind Spot Camera only activated when preparing to change lanes, not when turning
It's still useful to check the blind spot when making a turn to look for cyclists, etc. At least around here, there's plenty of bike lanes that separate a parking lane where people often illegally use for right turn, and police have given tickets to both vehicles at these accidents.

Reactions: PrGrPa
Someone said the latest software has blind spot monitoring. That is when you put on your turn signals, a camera showing your blind spot shows up on the screen.

However, I downloaded the latest update last night, and I didn't see this feature. (2021.44.6)

Is it still coming?
I just got software version 2021.44.25.2 and no blind spot camera option to enable on my 2018 Model S

Interesting to note regarding blind spot camera-

We have two drivers profile (Model 3). Following the 2022 Holiday Update I enabled this feature for me, but later I noticed that the feature isn't working when the other driver sits in.
So, my advice-- you need to enable the blind spot camera (it is a sub-menu at Autopilot command) for all driver profiles.

PS:
It is a great feature

1641686036355.png