Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blind Spot Monitoring

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah it's not quite right for changing lanes as vehicles can appear really far away and appear really quickly in that view.
Sure, that's true of the rear camera also, but it's still helpful. I personally tend to have the rear camera screen (that also shows the side cameras) up most of the time, but if Tesla can add an option that either pops up that screen every time a signal is on (and ideally switch focus to the given camera depending on the signal) that would be quite useful. It should take minimal software development effort.

Reactions: Stach
The visualization acts as a blind spot monitoring service in a way for sure. I use it that way before changing lanes.

What drives me nuts, is why can’t you permanently zoom it out. Often it’s too zoomed in to see everything and when you zoom out you can see other cars a long way off. I see no reason to not allow the user to create whatever viewpoint and angle they want.

I will never use FSD fully, not sure I would ever trust it and I like driving. Certainly they could smart up their cruise control part of it a bit more because that I will use. Removing the radar was a step backwards.

Reactions: Scelto
Sure, that's true of the rear camera also, but it's still helpful. I personally tend to have the rear camera screen (that also shows the side cameras) up most of the time, but if Tesla can add an option that either pops up that screen every time a signal is on (and ideally switch focus to the given camera depending on the signal) that would be quite useful. It should take minimal software development effort.
Looks like Tesla finally answered people's prayers and added a blind spot camera popup in 2021.44.25:
Blind-Spot-Controls.jpeg

Tesla 2021.44.25 Holiday Software Update Release Notes Leak Early