Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blind Spot Warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my first, Tesla model X LR+...my previous ICE has collision assistance and blind spot. If I was to put the indicator on and if there was a vehicle next to me, my side view mirror would illuminate and i would get a very LOUD beep warning, I havent seen that in my model X. It was a lifesaver for my wife on many occassions. I have the collision assistance and blind spot warning on. Is it not supposed to beep or anything?

my first, Tesla model X LR+...my previous ICE has collision assistance and blind spot. If I was to put the indicator on and if there was a vehicle next to me, my side view mirror would illuminate and i would get a very LOUD beep warning, I havent seen that in my model X. It was a lifesaver for my wife on many occassions. I have the collision assistance and blind spot warning on. Is it not supposed to beep or anything?

Hi first post - 1 week with my Tesla X LR and loving it. Agree, tough to go from Blind spot indicator to dashboard figure. I intentionally put blinker on with a car in blind spot, no audible (despite setting for audible), only a red figure on dash indicating a potential collision. Hoping this can change, any thoughts besides me stating the obvious?

Hi first post - 1 week with my Tesla X LR and loving it. Agree, tough to go from Blind spot indicator to dashboard figure. I intentionally put blinker on with a car in blind spot, no audible (despite setting for audible), only a red figure on dash indicating a potential collision. Hoping this can change, any thoughts besides me stating the obvious?

You don't have Joe Mode enabled, do you? That can disable some audible chimes, when when it shouldn't...

• Disagree
Reactions: PhilDavid

even I have the same issue, put the indicator on but just get the red car indication in the front - no beep. Thought that was normal unless you try moving into the lane which I have not tried for obvious reasons o_O

You don't have Joe Mode enabled, do you? That can disable some audible chimes, when when it shouldn't...

I don’t have Joe Mode enabled. Do you get a beep as soon as you put on the indicator?

Just received my X (it's in the shop for PPF and tint). Haven't had a blind spot alert, but a car did slow quickly in front of me and I got a red car and a beep.

even I have the same issue, put the indicator on but just get the red car indication in the front - no beep. Thought that was normal unless you try moving into the lane which I have not tried for obvious reasons o_O

I don’t have Joe Mode enabled. Do you get a beep as soon as you put on the indicator?

Nope, only if the vehicle detects an imminent collision will it start going off, sirens blazing... Otherwise, I don't believe it beeps.

• Disagree
Reactions: PhilDavid