TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Blinder HP-950 Laser Deflector , poor man's Parking Sensor?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by retinadoc, Jan 26, 2013.

1. retinadoc

retinadoc Member

The Blinder System has the option to be switched to a front and rear parking sensor. Has anyone installed this system? The laser jamming performance looks very impressive, and it is likely worth purchasing just for that. I am curious if the parking assist mode is an adequate stop gap until Tesla figures out the parking assist retrofit.

2. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

If you back into your garage just draw a line or marking of some sort on the floor that lines up with the bottom of the rear view cam at the stop point like this guy http://t.co/pCSuLmMG

3. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

I've had this system on a vehicle, but it was not designed primarily as a parking sensor. I believe that anyone who bought this as a parking sensor would be dissapointed. It would give an auditory warning when something SOLID is within about 3 feet. I beleive this function was added to give a legal and valid reason for installation in those states that don't allow laser jammers.

4. retinadoc

retinadoc Member

Thanks Lloyd. I am probably installing it for the laser protection, and will just wait for Tesla's solution for parking sensors. I assume they will eventually do something through the touch screen.

5. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

Yep, that is how it was explained to me as well.