Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blindspot beep?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love the car. But the picture of the cars around my car on the screen are not a substitute for a beeping noise when someone is in my blind spot and I activate the lane change signal. Is there no audio alert that I can activate?

How many people have already gotten this update. Also, since this sounds like it’s tied to the Autopilot feature, do you need to have autopilot activated for this feature?
As I understand it, Autopilot safety features are active on all current Teslas. Optional Enhanced Autopilot includes among other features Autosteer and TAC. So I expect the blind spot warning will be coming to all cars.

I got the update last night and tried the blind spot chime but I only see the red line and did not hear a chime. I tried it by signaling when there is a car in my blind spot, but I did not try to turn into that lane, not sure if the chime would activate on turn or not.

I got the update last night and tried the blind spot chime but I only see the red line and did not hear a chime. I tried it by signaling when there is a car in my blind spot, but I did not try to turn into that lane, not sure if the chime would activate on turn or not.
I don’t have it yet, but did you turn it on?

“To enable the blind spot warning chime, touch Controls > Autopilot > Blind Spot Warning Chime”

So I was trying to make it go off this morning and couldn't. I didn't want to make the car next to me thinks I am going to hit him, so what I did was signal and change into the next lane and timed it just right so when I am in the next the lane, the car in lane over will be at my blind spot and I kept the signal on for a bit. No chime.

Two test cars, one a Tesla with the update, need to go out on a divided highway with light traffic and test this. The chase car goes into the blind spot of the Tesla and is prepared to brake back if necessary. The Tesla tries the lane change (should see the red line on display when turn signal is on). Report back.