Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blindspot detection limited on after 2019.28.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

scottf200

Feb 3, 2013
Chicagoland
Last night I went to 2019.28.2 after being on 2019.20.4.3 for 26 days. On my first drive after that I received a 'Blindspot detection limited' Drive Info Console message. After a 30 minute stop for business the drive home did the same thing. It would occasionally stop but then would come on a minute later.

2017 July MX 100D MCU1 AP2.0

Anyone else heard of this? I'm suspicious of just getting 2019.28.2 and this happening on the next drive.

I haven't report it to Tesla yet. Such a pain to get a hold of them and didn't feel like driving to the Service Center yet since Tesla is hard to get a hold of for this annoyance.

Last edited:
Hi Scottf200,

My car is March 2018 Software 2019.24.4

I have the error this release and on previous releases.

The car is at the Service Center now to research lost communication with the left repeater camera.
It may end up being a camera replacement...

Shawn

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
Hi Scottf200,
My car is March 2018 Software 2019.24.4
I have the error this release and on previous releases.
The car is at the Service Center now to research lost communication with the left repeater camera.
It may end up being a camera replacement...
Shawn
Thanks much for the feedback. I wonder if at some FW release [ ie. between 20 and 24 (you) | 28(me) ] they added some more resiliency code to interpret camera errors better/differently. Will be very curious what yours turns out to be.

Hi Scottf200, I got the same warning message several times on 2019.20.4.1 / 2019.20.4.2 / 2019.20.4.3 software releases and in all occasions (5) the message popped up after having parked in a public (dark) underground parking. I can't explain why this happened and because of the lack of response from Tesla Support when one tries to report an issue, I just waited it out. The message cleared after I've parked my car at home during the night. Each time the 'power off' during the night resolved the issue. Haven't had the warning since I've been on 2019.24.4, and I've parked underground several times, so in my case it looks like it was particularly related to the 2019.20.4.x versions

• Helpful
FYI, I cleaned off all my bump sensors (not FW doors) and cleaned the cameras ... none of which appeared "dirty" ... and when I ran some errands I didn't have the blindspot limited warning. I'm guessing the FW OTA update changed some sensitivity or other characteristics.

It was pretty coincidental that it showed up the day after the update. Potentially there is some recalibration on the 'normal noise' from each sensor and/or camera that happens as they likely are somewhat unique for each vehicle at a detailed level. It will be curious to watch for sure.

Hi All,

I just received word from the Service Center.
They replaced some hoses that caused a low coolant alert.
They also replace the left front repeater camera for the blind spot warning alert.
This morning when moving the car out of the service area the blind spot warning recurred!

Further checking showed that the main front wiring harness had pretty extensive rodent damage!
Some bare wires were exposed...
They are ordering and will replace the wiring harness...

Shawn

Further checking showed that the main front wiring harness had pretty extensive rodent damage!
Some bare wires were exposed...
They are ordering and will replace the wiring harness...

Shawn
Oh no, that's a bummer. I am going to guess that is not under warranty ?
Too bad that manufacturers of car wiring harnesses didn't think of this happening when they chose cheaper coverings that rats like to eat. Not just a Tesla issue. Then again, I wonder if they do it on purpose so they can sell more replacement harnesses :eek:

Hi Silicon,

Unfortunately not warranty... From what I have read on the internet - some manufacturers use a soy based oil
as a wire lubricant. The rodents really like the soy oil.

Worse problems are the harness is scarce and it takes nearly 10 hours to replace it...
It is a main harness and goes everywhere...

Shawn

• Informative
Hi Silicon,
Unfortunately not warranty... From what I have read on the internet - some manufacturers use a soy based oil
as a wire lubricant. The rodents really like the soy oil.
Worse problems are the harness is scarce and it takes nearly 10 hours to replace it...
It is a main harness and goes everywhere...
Shawn
That really sucks and I feel your pain. I had squirrels eat the wiring in my Ford Expedition engine compartment near the firewall TWICE! Had to get it towed. Place I took it too was great and hunted down used harnesses both times. I should have drove it every few days even if it was around the block! It wasn't being used except for pulling the camper when the kids were younger.