Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blindspot Detection Limited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MX 100D (new 6/18) Had a new warning come on 2 days ago. "Blindspot Detection Limited (Camera visibility reduced)" When I engage autopilot the alert disappears but when I try to make a lane change another alert comes up " Auto Lane Change unavailable (Camera visibility reduced)". Cleaned all the cameras ( which didn't actually appear to be dirty) with no success. Rebooted several times which also failed. Called service who said they could see that the blindspot warning had occurred and had me set up a service appointment. (looks like mobile service in about a week). Has this happened to any one else? TIA IMG_8781.jpgIMG_8783.jpg

Reactions: CyberShy
I have seen this warning only in extreme rain ..sounds like maybe hardware issue ? I have a 2018 AP2.5 but MCU1 ..yours is same (AP2.5) but u have MCU2 ..I’m on 20.4.2 now and have not seen

MX 100D (new 6/18) Had a new warning come on 2 days ago. "Blindspot Detection Limited (Camera visibility reduced)" When I engage autopilot the alert disappears but when I try to make a lane change another alert comes up " Auto Lane Change unavailable (Camera visibility reduced)". Cleaned all the cameras ( which didn't actually appear to be dirty) with no success. Rebooted several times which also failed. Called service who said they could see that the blindspot warning had occurred and had me set up a service appointment. (looks like mobile service in about a week). Has this happened to any one else? TIAView attachment 425844View attachment 425845

Possibly due to a faulty camera.

When you schedule the service they will most likely do a remote diagnostic and identify the fault. camera replacement would be required if confirmed.

If you have FSD you will also see that Nav on Autopilot if not available with this error.

Happened to me and easily solved with the camera witched. not had the issue since (except for the occasional crazy rain storm)

Possibly due to a faulty camera.

When you schedule the service they will most likely do a remote diagnostic and identify the fault. camera replacement would be required if confirmed.

If you have FSD you will also see that Nav on Autopilot if not available with this error.

Happened to me and easily solved with the camera witched. not had the issue since (except for the occasional crazy rain storm)

Noticed after they already saw the error in the logs. But did they confirm that it was faulty?

Hi All,

I get the same creepy message backing out of my garage...?
I figure the limitation is that the wall is in the way and it cannot see...

I am due for some mobile service on Wednesday - I will ask the technician to look at it.

2018 MX100D March, MCU2, and FSD... Firmware 2019.20.4.2

Shawn

Update on my Blindpoot warning message: (Running Firmware 20.4.3)
Went away for 4 day weekend on July 4th (without my car) and got a call from mobile service tech who said that he was looking at my car remotely but couldn't pull up the warning message anymore. Got back 7/7 and test drove my car and lo and behold there was no more error message. Cancelled my service appointment and no more problems till today when pulling into my garage light suddenly appeared. tried the reboot, cleaned cameras and still there. Unfortunately leaving tomorrow for Mammoth and will have to live with it if it till I get back and contact service.

I've had the same error occasionally appear for complete drives (1 was 150km) since late March, I've had both B pillar cameras replaced to no avail and I'm now waiting for a new revision of some sort of cable to arrive.
Interesting, a ranger comes to my house this week to see about my intermittent cases of this. Cases do not seem to be associated with being near garage or where I am, just random upon starting the car.

Reactions: ARMARM
I always get this error after I've parked in a (public) garage and had Sentry Mode active. The message disappears when I get home and leave the car off during the night. The Sentry Mode recordings are fine however, so I don't understand why the system gets upset like this. I'm not gonna bother to go to the SC or get a mobile service. They won't fix it because it has nothing to do with the camera's. I believe it's related to software (like most issues with the car).

Drove to Mammoth (a little over 300 miles) and warning has continued to be on for the past few days, I took out the flash drive and shut off sentry mode because I read on one forum that there may be an issue with sentry mode overloading it and causing the issue. Still there. Have an appointment set up for 7/31 for this and front end shimmy (hopefully not the dreaded “shudder” problem at higher speeds.

Interesting, a ranger comes to my house this week to see about my intermittent cases of this. Cases do not seem to be associated with being near garage or where I am, just random upon starting the car.
Ranger called and agreed a camera was suspect (intermittent connection or something), driver-side B-pillar according to records from my car. Then 2 days before appointment, canceled because they don't have the parts that might be necessary to fix. This is much better than them not knowing anything, and not being able to replace something with available parts in the truck, and wasting a morning for both of us. We'll see, but it's not a critical issue, just an "anomaly".

I have had this issue since the update which enabled the surround cameras almost a year ago.

Mobile tech confirmed it was an intermittent issue with the B pillar driver camera. He disconnected the camera, connected it back and did the same with the cable that plugs into the MCU. Issue went away for 6 months after that.

Then it started again. Same camera. He came and did the same thing and triggered a camera re-calibration.

That was 3 months ago. Now the issue is back but it's more intermittent this time (Like once every 2 weeks or so). They haven't confirmed if it's the same camera again...

I wonder if asking to have the camera replaced will fix it once and for all...

I have a model X 2018