Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blindspot Mirror

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm re-animating this because I was googling for blind spot mirrors and ended up reading through the whole thread. I just ordered the blue defroster blind spot mirrors from @SumaPerformance. My previous car was a 2012 Ford Focus, which came with OEM blind spot mirrors. I was so used to having those blind spot mirrors for the last 10 years that it's been one of the few things about my Model 3 that's felt like a step backward from my old car.

I ALWAYS look over my shoulder before changing lanes, but the B-pillars can still make it hard to get a clear view. So I'm hopeful the Suma mirrors give me a little more comfort/safety on the road. I also hope they're easy to install.

Attachments

• IMG_1599.JPEG.jpeg
    IMG_1599.JPEG.jpeg
    860.7 KB · Views: 123
I literally signed up just to tell you all. GET THE MIRROR from SUMA now.
Make lane changing much easier. 0 regrets and best option I have added. I did not get the blue ones just standard and I thought "hmmm will I miss the tinting option tesla has with the original mirrors?" Nope, no big deal, makes no difference, this is way better and makes the car what it should have been leaving the factory. Just go buy it now

Reactions: SumaPerformance
I literally signed up just to tell you all. GET THE MIRROR from SUMA now.
Make lane changing much easier. 0 regrets and best option I have added. I did not get the blue ones just standard and I thought "hmmm will I miss the tinting option tesla has with the original mirrors?" Nope, no big deal, makes no difference, this is way better and makes the car what it should have been leaving the factory. Just go buy it now
Thanks! This means a lot to us!! One of the best mods, if no the best mod :)

Mine are due for delivery tomorrow, so I'll report back once I get them installed and drive a bit.
I've had the Suma mirrors installed for nearly 5 months now, and they are great. I spend most of my time on the freeway, and these mirrors make lane changes much safer than the stock mirrors. I got the tinted version and they are great--I hate being blinded by headlights and the tinted mirrors do a good job keeping that from happening (in addition to my tinted windows). Now I only wish I could manually turn on the tint on the rearview mirror so it would be as good as the side mirrors.

We can make the rear view mirrors. But these will be adhesive instead of replacement. If we have enough of interest, we can start a batch.
I can't speak for demand, but you've got one guaranteed purchase here. I installed your tinted side mirrors to help with blinding lights, but the rearview mirror is still a problem. Wouldn't need a full replacement mirror... just something that fits over the existing mirror.

Hell yeah... thanks, I'll try it.
It took time to get to used to seeing a black frame around the actual mirror, but it bugs me less than seeing blue tint in my side view mirrors and no tint in my rear view mirror.

Just FYI, it is two pieces (front and back) that snap together over the original mirror. It arrived in one piece and was a bish to pull apart. For me at least.

Reactions: Baluchi
It took time to get to used to seeing a black frame around the actual mirror, but it bugs me less than seeing blue tint in my side view mirrors and no tint in my rear view mirror.

Just FYI, it is two pieces (front and back) that snap together over the original mirror. It arrived in one piece and was a bish to pull apart. For me at least.
I ordered one. I'd rather have something more sleek, but until someone makes a better option I'll try this one.