Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blindspot Mirror

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@BodegaBay or anyone who has the clear ones - does it bother you at all in anyways that they don’t have anti-glare/anti-dimming?
I have the clear ones and they are great for me. The glare at night from cars behind me is much smaller now and much easier on my eyes. I can see much more with wide angle view. Best things I have bought for my Y.
Suma Performance clear mirrors arriving in a few days for 2021 MY. Any issues or pearls of wisdom for removing the stock mirrors and installing the Sumas? Getting the ones with the defrost only feature. Thanks!

I'm interested in this as well. I have a 2020 Y so I don't have the auto-dimming mirrors but I'd love to hear how the installation process goes.
@RickCRNA and @Ruffles It was a very easy install. I turn the mirror to be max outward and then I just pryed the mirror off. It will sound like you break something but don't worry about it, those are just clips making noice. Installation is easy, just connect the 2 wires for the defrost and push in the middle of the mirror to snap it back in.

Reactions: MY-Y and Ruffles
Does anyone have a favorite blindspot stick-on mirror for the sideview mirror? There are so many options on Amazon it's hard to chose one. I got an early wideview mirror from Hannshow, but the mirror is a few millimeters too big and I can't get it adjusted before it hits the stops. I've even tried clipping the Tesla stops to get more motion. The SUMA Performance mirrors are always showing out of stock so I'm reverting to the stick-on type.

So, anyone have any suggestions from Amazon?
This from the Car Talk Guys:

Avoiding The Blind Spot​

mirrors-title.gif

For years, we'd been setting our side-view mirrors so that they gave us a view of the back corner of our cars. This is the way it's been done for generations - from grandfather, to father, to us! But we finally discovered something very interesting. The back corner of the car never moves. It always stays in the same exact place. So there's really no reason to keep an eye on it.

By moving the side mirrors farther out, you can line up all three of your mirrors so they have minimal overlap -- and you can see everything behind you and beside you.

Here's how to do it.

signatures.gif

Tom and Ray Magliozzi

Click and Clack, the Tappet Brothers

Hi folks! Just wanted show the difference between Suma vs Non Suma.

As you know, not all after market parts are created the same. And for those who have purchased/used Suma mirrors, you can attest the quality. 2 common issues are the longevity of the coating and the quality of the glass.

Reactions: Sebat4
I have the clear ones and they are great for me. The glare at night from cars behind me is much smaller now and much easier on my eyes. I can see much more with wide angle view. Best things I have bought for my Y.

@RickCRNA and @Ruffles It was a very easy install. I turn the mirror to be max outward and then I just pryed the mirror off. It will sound like you break something but don't worry about it, those are just clips making noice. Installation is easy, just connect the 2 wires for the defrost and push in the middle of the mirror to snap it back in.
Do these retain the auto dimming feature of the new Ys?

Just checked their website - Tesla Model Y

The basic mirrors are $149 are in stock, the other three options are SOLD OUT. They offer one with "TURN SIGNALS" but don't provide any info. I didn't know a Model Y could be outfitted with TURN SIGNALS in the mirrors? They are listed for $169.
There is no MY mirror turn signal. The mirrors could be configured as such but it takes a lot of work and re-wiring. The SUMA mirrors are great.

Hi folks! Just wanted show the difference between Suma vs Non Suma.

As you know, not all after market parts are created the same. And for those who have purchased/used Suma mirrors, you can attest the quality. 2 common issues are the longevity of the coating and the quality of the glass.

Do you have a comparison between your mirrors and Hansshow as far as the wide angle itself?

your site mentions you are r1000 and others are r1400.

I went ahead and ordered the Hansshow wide angle mirrors for $75 shipped after using a coupon code I found on YouTube. I tried adjusting the stock mirrors the "right way" but the blindspot still exists AND I lose the ability to see the lane markings. With the wide angle mirrors, it looks like I'd be able to see both the lane markings and eliminate the blind spots as well. Once they arrive I'll let you all know how they work out.

Hansshow Mirrors: Wide angle side mirror glass for model 3/S/X/Y | Intelligentized Auto Parts | Hansshow

I went ahead and ordered the Hansshow wide angle mirrors for $75 shipped after using a coupon code I found on YouTube. I tried adjusting the stock mirrors the "right way" but the blindspot still exists AND I lose the ability to see the lane markings. With the wide angle mirrors, it looks like I'd be able to see both the lane markings and eliminate the blind spots as well. Once they arrive I'll let you all know how they work out.

Hansshow Mirrors: Wide angle side mirror glass for model 3/S/X/Y | Intelligentized Auto Parts | Hansshow
Which coupon code did you end up using? Curious to know how they differ from suma