Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blindspot Mirror

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received my Hansshow Wide Angle Mirrors in the mail today. Installing them took ~15 min. The old mirrors took a bit more force than I was expecting to remove. The two heating element connectors took more force than expected to remove as well. The auto dimming connector was easy to remove with a small screwdriver to push out the middle notch while pulling the cable. I tucked in the auto dimming cable in the back of the mirror housing at the ledge.

Haven't had a chance to test these out yet but I will report back with my findings.

Finally had a chance to drive around for a bit to test them out.... they are so much better than the OEM mirrors! I bought the clear (non tinted) version of the Hansshow mirrors and I can see cars in my blind spot now. Since these are wide angle mirrors, I can still see the side of my car on the right third of the mirror, even with the mirrors turned all the way out and everything does look "smaller." This is not an issue for me but figured I'd mention it. The lack of auto-dimming is an improvement, in my opinion, because I can actually see cars approaching at night.

Finally had a chance to drive around for a bit to test them out.... they are so much better than the OEM mirrors! I bought the clear (non tinted) version of the Hansshow mirrors and I can see cars in my blind spot now. Since these are wide angle mirrors, I can still see the side of my car on the right third of the mirror, even with the mirrors turned all the way out and everything does look "smaller." This is not an issue for me but figured I'd mention it. The lack of auto-dimming is an improvement, in my opinion, because I can actually see cars approaching at night.
You sold me on it. Guess I'll place my order for the hansshow

Reactions: preilly44 and 69KWH
Just ordered the SUMA in blue + defroster. Guess I saw this thread right on time because it was in stock! I didn't even know there was a mirror like this, definitely need for safety during lane changes. It's hard to make left turns, look at screen on right, look again, sometimes another car in the adjacent lane pops up red which means I need to look several more times before lane changing. I'm expecting this to solve that problem and add more confidence during lane changes. Hopefully the blue mirrors will be ok as I do have 20% tinted windows.

Reactions: 52 16 57 39
@SumaPerformance - great video - and the M3 mirrors in the video - they have the turn signal in the mirror. I understand that is an option w the SUMA mirrors … what does it take to make they operational?

What I want are clear aspherical mirrors w turn signal… is the wiring already there inside the mirror housing or do we need to pigtail off the side repeaters and run a wire up and through?
Thanks
Michael.
D8271B6C-54B6-4A79-BBD1-D4733E5369E8.jpeg

As the OP, I thought I'd post what I'm currently using. I bought Fan shaped add-on mirrors from Amazon and placed them in the bottom outside corner of the driver's mirror. The one I'm using is https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CHBRLRH/ . Worked well on my recent 1200 mile road trip. I may experiment with the SUMA or HANSSHOW wideview mirrors in the future, but for now I'm happy.

I have now tried the Hansshow Wide Angle mirror on my Tesla Model Y. I MUCH prefer the add-on Amazon blindspot mirror over the wide-angle mirror. I could not get used to the distorted view the wide angle mirror provides. Some may like the wide angle view on the driver's side, but it just isn't for me.

I have now tried the Hansshow Wide Angle mirror on my Tesla Model Y. I MUCH prefer the add-on Amazon blindspot mirror over the wide-angle mirror. I could not get used to the distorted view the wide angle mirror provides. Some may like the wide angle view on the driver's side, but it just isn't for me.
Thats how it is with my wife and I. I love the hansshow side mirrors as when a car enters my Blindspot I can see it all the way until it's next to me. My wife doesn't like how the drivers side looks.

Reactions: 52 16 57 39
BTW - I purchased the SUMA mirrors above, and recently installed them. Should have been the first mod, but I waited a year and now wish I would have done it sooner.

I did not wire up the turn signals embedded in the mirror ($10 upgrade that I may or may not use) but when I’m bored someday - I’ll take a look how to fish wires through the mirror housing and door down to the side indicator.

Reactions: labmixz
OK I broke down and got the SUMA's. I had those stick em blindspot mirrors but they're kind of a distraction on the small mirrors personally. So far I really like em. I also broke off a couple of plastic tabs so that the mirror can go farther back.
I'm curious about this method of breaking the plastic tabs. Are you making the Suma mirror sit further back into the housing?

I'm curious about this method of breaking the plastic tabs. Are you making the Suma mirror sit further back into the housing?
Yeah there were 2 plastic tabs sticking out in the mirror housing. There were other posts about it. Without doing that all I would see is basically the whole left side of the car. Still doesn't go out as far as I like but much improved.

Reactions: BodegaBay