Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blink let me down BIG TIME today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is being described is a classic case of early pioneers in an industry that is not quite up and running yet. 2014 might be the year to enter the EV charging business, but 2013 was not, and these companies are hurting. Even with an industry finally on the rise, can you imagine approaching investors for your EV charging network, only to have to answer questions about free charging nationwide for Tesla owners ? As a businessman, I quake at the very thought of it. What exciting times we are in !

Watch your charge card if you use a Blink charger.

I parked at Intercontinental Airport for 4 days at the free chargers in Ecopark. When I Parked there this week I couldn't get a code because my membership was suspended for an outstanding bill. I was charged $117 for charging at a free charger and was never notified of the charge.

Blink's customer service has been difficult to penetrate to get this corrected. First two calls and e-mail got no response / action. The ball began rolling on the third call. Despite their website still showing the Ecopark charger as free, as well as Ecopark's website showing the same, the first person told me that the chargers were no longer free. After we got past that argument she had to take a few minutes to "create a case" and send it to Network Operations. Network Operations then called a left a message that they had to check with the airport as some chargers are free and others are not - One would have thought their system would be able to distinguish the charger used from the ones at the Terminal that are not free.

That is what they are designed for in the long term parking lot at the airport. No valet service, unlike some of the other parking lots.
Yeah, not sure what else you are supposed to do there at an airport long term parking lot if you need the charge.

Though Blink chargers are not ideal since if it's a pay station, they charge you per hour. For airport parking, this doesn't necessarily make sense unless there is a valet to move cars/plugs around. Especially at an airport, each plug should reach multiple parking spots (2-4), charge by the kWh makes the or perhaps an hourly charge with a maximum limit. Also the station should clearly show if the car is drawing power with the instruction to unplug cars that aren't actively charging.