TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Blinking Red LED on my wall connector

Discussion in 'Supercharging & Charging Infrastructure' started by andy92782, Oct 3, 2019.

1. andy92782

andy92782 Member

Here's what it looks like:

Charging still works. The green lights move like they normally do but with the slow red LED blinking at the same time.

I checked the wall connector installation manual and the closest matching troubleshooting symptom is the one about overtemperature. That's not the problem (everything was cool).

I reset the wall connector and the red LED went away, but I know the way these things work. It'll come back again some day, only worse...

Any ideas??

2. doghousePVD

doghousePVD Member

I had a blinking red when first installed. The rotator switch inside was set to the wrong setting.

I think the Wall charger is very sensitive to having a good ground. Check to make sure the ground is well secured inside the wall unit. Also, many older houses have very poor grounding systems. Confirm that it is well connected (not loose) and the grounding rounds go deep in the earth, etc.

3. andy92782

andy92782 Member

I should have added that I've had my wall connector installed for the better part of a year and in all this time it's worked fine.