Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Block Gap in Six Seater

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my X for almost two months. Yesterday had cargo, groceries) slide forward between the middle seats and crash to the floor. What solutions have others found for leaving back row down and blocking that gap without being too unsightly?

Had my X for almost two months. Yesterday had cargo, groceries) slide forward between the middle seats and crash to the floor. What solutions have others found for leaving back row down and blocking that gap without being too unsightly?
I purchased an expandable cloth storage bin that has three compartments and I place it lengthwise across the back of the trunk so it blocks the open space. The bins are great for placing bags of groceries in so your bags don't roll around preventing items rolling around in the trunk.

One way I manage this issue is to lower the trunk floor to the lower level so it’s no longer flush with the 3rd row folded seats. This will block anything that rolls from being a projectile. In the older Model Xs (mine’s a 2017) there are hooks just underneath the 3rd row vents that can secure a cargo net as well - not sure if this is still present in newer models.

I like that GS-Design trunk shield option, but the price is over 4X what I would imagine it should cost - and it looks EU only. It would have been really nice if Tesla had designed this feature into the 6-seat configuration. It's the only real drawback besides the cockpit seats not laying flat.

I like that GS-Design trunk shield option, but the price is over 4X what I would imagine it should cost - and it looks EU only. It would have been really nice if Tesla had designed this feature into the 6-seat configuration. It's the only real drawback besides the cockpit seats not laying flat.
They ship to the US via DHL. I received mine within 4 weeks of ordering. Haven't installed yet but looks well built.