Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Block GPS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you‘re talking about hiding the car’s location from the mobile app, I suppose you could turn off mobile access before moving the car. I don’t think you can prevent the car from knowing its location on the touchscreen. Towing the car elsewhere won’t update the GPS. Or you could take an Uber to your secret hideaway. 🙂

If you‘re talking about hiding the car’s location from the mobile app, I suppose you could turn off mobile access before moving the car. I don’t think you can prevent the car from knowing its location on the touchscreen. Towing the car elsewhere won’t update the GPS. Or you could take an Uber to your secret hideaway. 🙂
Yes... I want the mobile access to show its prior location without actually disabling mobile access.

Yes... I want the mobile access to show its prior location without actually disabling mobile access.
The only know way is to have the Tesla towed from spot A to spot B. When you do that the mobile app will still show that it is located in spot A.

As soon as the Tesla is driven it’s will now report that it’s location is spot B.

BTW: others have asked about this because they don’t want their spouse to know they are hanging out at their GF house.

Other option is to take an Uber 😉

Reactions: Need
Is there a way to access the antenna without a lot of difficulty?
There's not really any internal component you can access without a lot of difficulty on these cars. The GPS antenna is behind the rear glass, so no getting to that without removing the window. The connector is behind the MCU which requires dismantling the entire dashboard. It's not something you can casually do really quick while you try to steal someone's car.

There's not really any internal component you can access without a lot of difficulty on these cars. The GPS antenna is behind the rear glass, so no getting to that without removing the window. The connector is behind the MCU which requires dismantling the entire dashboard. It's not something you can casually do really quick while you try to steal someone's car.
Then I wonder if there is a gps signal blocking device that works? That might accomplish the same thing