Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blocked Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm posting this in the Mid-Atlantic forum regarding a delivery truck blocking 5 out of 8 Superchargers at the newly opened charging site at the Flemington NJ WaWa. Also as the truck delivery company is NJ based, Jack & Jill Ice Cream. The truck was parked sideways blocking 5 chargers, numbers 7 & 8 were blocked by employee cars as the hour I was there, neither car moved. The truck left after 30 minutes and a few Tesla's were waiting to charge up. I took pics amd emailed Jack & Jill corporate stating I'd never buy another of their products, and I didn't expect much of a response. What I added was I was posting the images of Tesla Forums and websites. And that are 500,000 Tesla owners. Her is the email, "I arrived to charge my car at the Flemington WaWa this morning. 8 chargers are at the location. Your delivery truck blocked 6 of the 8, and another inconsiderate care blocked the 7th leaving one spot to charge. Other Teslas were waiting to charge up but couldn't because your truck was blocking them out. More than 30 minutes the truck remained there. I'm attaching pics of the vehicle. I don't expect anything from your firm. But I will never purchase one of your products ever again. Further I'm posting these pics on Tesla forums and website. There are over 500,000 Tesla owners who may see these images and have the same reaction."
IMG_2816.JPG
IMG_2817.JPG

Reactions: madodel
a bit much IMO. I try carrot before the stick.

"hey i wanted to inform you of a situation I found one of your trucks in. Electric car charging is new and many people dont realize its importance is the same as blocking the gas pumps for people. I know many drivers dont realize they are blocking something so important to people. Would it be possible to educate the drivers in your fleet to not block charging stalls like the below example? I know parking can be challenging at places like this but a little bit of education would go a long ways".

Reactions: drklain and madodel
If that truck is a delivery vehicle for WaWa then it would be simple to attack the problem where the driver lives...his job or one of his clients. Have a word with management. Start nice and walk softly, but carry a big legal and PR stick. I'd also have a word with the driver if I encountered them. If things get testy and the driver refuses to move, get the police on the case. Further, one can shame them by face/plate/truck on social media if you want to go that route. And yes, let the company this driver works for know what he's up to, with plate and driver/truck numbers and all of that. No need for the boycott. Let the company 'make it right' first, and see what happens.

A bit more nuclear; post pictures of truck, plate number, driver number on Twitter and tag relevant management for both WaWa and this delivery company. I don't think the owner of that delivery company would necessarily want such bad PR.

Another option, block driver in with a Tesla or two. This could end badly for the Tesla or escalate the situation but it would make a point. How many deliveries can he complete if he can't move? How about wanting to end the shift if he can't move the truck too easily? Then while he's trapped, offer a TED Talk on the importance of not blocking charging for innocent travelers.

Last edited: