TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Blog 2012/09/10 - additional stereo settings?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by brianman, Sep 10, 2012.

1. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Transforming Automotive Service | Blog | Tesla Motors
    Anybody heard specifics on this in passing from reps?

2. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

It'll now go to 12.

3. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

No...but I think it's interesting that I read that blog about 30 minutes ago...and I could swear the date on it was September 4, and that I had missed it's announcement. Given how much I time I spend on TMC, I was surprised I didn't see the note about it. I guess they just had the date wrong.

Nice to see the speed warning chime in there. I wonder if the stereo settings include EQ presets, or more than a simple 3-band EQ.

4. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

It did say Sept. 4th at first and I thought the same thing. Good blog post though.

5. Todd Burch

Speaking of which, just thought of this: Wouldn't a gooey, psychodelic Winamp-style music visualization look awesome on the 17" screen? :)

6. Zextraterrestrial

So you know that you've run out of acceleration and are at 130?
    or so you don't have to look down at the 0-60's and can just time them and watch others in the rear view?

Todd- I was thinking the old school windows starfield when you accelerate! like warp drive

7. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Humor aside, I'd much prefer it goes to 10.9 (on the way to 11) rather than going to 12.

8. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Years ago, I had a 1967 Old 98 with speed warning chimes. It looked like an alarm clock setting on the speedo that you dialed up to the speed you wanted to be warned at. Heard they removed the feature because kids would play a game whereby you would try to drive the longest/furthest keeping the chime continuously running!

9. Todd Burch

hehe...primarily because it was mentioned on this site and I'm thinking that's where Tesla got the idea.

10. Trnsl8r

Trnsl8r Blue 85kwh since 12/8/12

#10 Trnsl8r, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
    There better be a way to turn that off...

11. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Really glad they have the 4yr/50k mile unlimited ranger service and annual maintenance deal for those of us living so far from a service center. Since the annual service is usually $600 anyway and $1900 even if you buy the package deal, that extra $500 could easily save me the cost of flat bedding to a service center.

- - - Updated - - -

Really glad they have the 4yr/50k mile unlimited ranger service and annual maintenance deal for those of us living so far from a service center. Since the annual service is usually $600 anyway and $1900 even if you buy the package deal, that extra $500 could easily save me the cost of flat bedding to a service center.

12. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Nooooooooo........

Yessssssssssss..........

13. goyogi

goyogi Member

14. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

Just set it to 165 kph like I do in my GTI. You hit only hit it every now and then.

And for some reason my steering wheel volume control won't work when I am above my speed warning. So I have to reach for the knob. Sounds like the opposite of what you would want to happen.

15. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

If they are going to make creep a user option, I would think they would make a speed warning optional as well.

16. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Considering you'll need to set it up and configure it in the first place, I would think that would be an obvious setting. Though, if they somehow omit it, you can set it to 150 :)

My GLI had a way to turn it off completely.

17. NEWDL

NEWDL R#350 R#1323 Sig23 8136

If I am not mistaken, all cars with the option also have the option to turn it off.

18. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

I actually keep mine on as an incentive when passing slow moving traffic in the left lane. It isn't impressive unless my dash turns Red with black letters versus the normal black with red letters.

19. J in MN

J in MN S60 P12635

I'd much prefer that they fix the brake override instead of adding a speed warning chime!

20. STxTesla

STxTesla Sig #1278

A highly functional equalizer with various settings that are seen on top end stereo systems would be nice.
    Having the ability to customize sound system settings would make the car that much more attractive to
    new buyers.