Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bloody Shopping Centre Car Parks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_3736.jpg

Don't know; it was like that when I came back. Now to see if I can get Pearl White touchup paint.
OK. here is some advice from personal experience. contact [email protected][/email][/email] and ask them for you paint code number. next find a bumper repair guy in your local area. They are similar to painless dent removal guys. they will come to you with a mobile van and work station, mix up paint and fix that so you won't know it even happened. you have no plastic damage, but even if you did, they can fix. i reversed into a column and had a dented plastic bumper. You cannot see anything now. Under $500. forget touch up. it will look awful.
i really feel for you!!!!Know exactly how you feel.
i will try and get a company name for you and post when available.

OK. here is some advice from personal experience. contact [email protected][/email][/email] and ask them for you paint code number. next find a bumper repair guy in your local area. They are similar to painless dent removal guys. they will come to you with a mobile van and work station, mix up paint and fix that so you won't know it even happened. you have no plastic damage, but even if you did, they can fix. i reversed into a column and had a dented plastic bumper. You cannot see anything now. Under $500. forget touch up. it will look awful.
i really feel for you!!!!Know exactly how you feel.
i will try and get a company name for you and post when available.
I've already asked service for some touchup paint (Pearl White) and I'll look forward to your recommendation.

ouch. Is that rubber/paint left behind or paint taken off? My wife's BM copped a long white paint scratch down the side which buffed out, although the panels were dented sliightly. As has been suggested, paint-less dent repair is a good option.

ouch. Is that rubber/paint left behind or paint taken off? My wife's BM copped a long white paint scratch down the side which buffed out, although the panels were dented sliightly. As has been suggested, paint-less dent repair is a good option.
Some of it is paint ripped off. Annoying bit is car is equipped with a BlackVue crash cam which totally failed to record anything useful.

Some of it is paint ripped off. Annoying bit is car is equipped with a BlackVue crash cam which totally failed to record anything useful.

Ouch ouch

It is difficult to say but from the photo it seems that there is no metal damage so cosmetic repair might be possible. I do these cosmetic repairs every year. I had only one dang done by unidentified someone else, usual damage to my car is driver inflicted.

A cosmetic repairer can come to any place (work, home, etc) and all he needs is a power supply and paint code.

There is a special insurance for these things, Chipex or similar, it costs $250/year and covers up to $600 of cosmetic repairs/year.

To repair pearl paint, I'd avoid the mobile guys and take it to the very best paint shop you can find. The extra cost will be repaid several times over when you eventually sell.

Personally, I'd rather walk a km than park in a parking station.

I have to disagree. My Sig red multicoat has been invisibly repaired. That included dented/abraded plastic from coming in contact with a concrete pillar in a car park. Guy could not get behind the dent to push it out (after heating with a hair dryer), Tesla makes that process really hard. I was there and got under the car to look. So, he drilled the bumper, inserted a screw, heated and pulled it out. Next he plastic welded his hole and the abrasion. Then a sanding process to get it all really smooth. Finally, the painting process. I challenge you to find the damage now.