Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bloomberg’s at 5,187 now. :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SR RWD non-premium will liekly be a large part of the demand, but all other varieties likely to be produced first.

Curious whether they can average 5,000/wk over Q3. And what the cost impact is of the extra lines and increased manual labor compared to the "humanless" original plan.
My opinion is that SR, non PUP, RWD will ultimately account for 10-15% of orders...max. But hey, that's just me.

Dan

• Disagree
Reactions: adaptabl
My opinion is that SR, non PUP, RWD will ultimately account for 10-15% of orders...max. But hey, that's just me.

Dan
Yes, I would agree that SR, non PUP, RWD will account for 10-15%, But My opinion is having SR, non PUP, RWD available will increase total sales by about 50% with the added 35-40% being various add ons that are still not available today.

When Tesla has a full configurator available they will get enough volume to make even the bare bones car profitable.

Yes, I would agree that SR, non PUP, RWD will account for 10-15%, But My opinion is having SR, non PUP, RWD available will increase total sales by about 50% with the added 35-40% being various add ons that are still not available today.

When Tesla has a full configurator available they will get enough volume to make even the bare bones car profitable.
Agreed...however, they are not demand driven right now. They are production driven. They have all the demand they can imagine. They need to concentrate on production and for now that needs to be high profit margin configurations. Once that is met to some degree, then they can go on to lower profit margin cars.

Dan

Agreed...however, they are not demand driven right now. They are production driven. They have all the demand they can imagine. They need to concentrate on production and for now that needs to be high profit margin configurations. Once that is met to some degree, then they can go on to lower profit margin cars.

Dan
Only for a few more months. They will work through "all the demand they can imagine" quickly. Profit depends on proper advanced planning. They need to be planning 2019 production now.

Only for a few more months. They will work through "all the demand they can imagine" quickly. Profit depends on proper advanced planning. They need to be planning 2019 production now.
...and what makes you think they're not planning ahead? They have stated what their priorities are and plan for rolling out the standard range battery as well as Model Y, the Roadster, the Semi, the pickup...

If anything you could argue that perhaps they are looking too far down the road and not focusing all their energies on the task at hand.

Dan

Nice MGA in the avatar by the way. ;)

Another thing to prioritize...cars with EAP to get some machine learning going. You're not going to activate machine learning? You'll be the first to configure after we're amassed a sufficiently large fleet to get EAP and FSD data flow :-D

The Bloomberg site is several NHTSA VIN updates behind. Pretty lax in their checking of VIN information given that it is one of the two things they say their model is based on.

RT

They now have the last two large VIN batches in their graph, 5 days after the Twitter feed showed them. Well done guys!

Someone needs to start tracking the tracker and pointing out the lag between VIN assignments and the tracker being updated.

RT