TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Bloomberg Businessweek: Elon Musk, the 21st Century Industrialist

Discussion in 'News' started by dsm363, Sep 14, 2012.

1. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Elon Musk, the 21st Century Industrialist - Businessweek

I like Elon Musk even better now:

2. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

Heck yes! DNA for the win!

I was applying for colleges in High School. And my school had its own internal 'application' you would fill out with the guidance councilor. One of the questions was what is your favorite book/author. I can't remember what I put down (maybe Orwell's: 1984 or Animal Farm). But my guidance councilor immediately said "I though for sure you would have put down Douglas Adams/HHGttG."

I remembered Douglas Adams but it was about a year and a half later before I bought HHGttG. And well within a week I had all five books in the 'trilogy' all read up. I sent her a thank you letter and gave her a call.

I did go to private high school if you were wondering. I don't think the Hillsborough (Tampa, FL) County school system has that good of at college application/guidance program.

3. neroden

neroden Happy Model S Owner

Do you know, the title of that article is a very good description. Musk is a 21st century industrialist.

And we live in a world dominated by financiers and paper-pushers. That's what makes him different.