Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bloomberg Businessweek: Elon Musk, the 21st Century Industrialist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dsm363

Roadster + Sig Model S
May 17, 2009
Nevada
Elon Musk, the 21st Century Industrialist - Businessweek

I like Elon Musk even better now:

Asked if any work in particular gave him solace, he cites The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, the comic science fiction novel. “It taught me that the tough thing is figuring out what questions to ask, but that once you do that, the rest is really easy,” Musk says, referring to the novel’s revelation that the answer to the ultimate question of “life, the universe, and everything” is 42.

Heck yes! DNA for the win!

I was applying for colleges in High School. And my school had its own internal 'application' you would fill out with the guidance councilor. One of the questions was what is your favorite book/author. I can't remember what I put down (maybe Orwell's: 1984 or Animal Farm). But my guidance councilor immediately said "I though for sure you would have put down Douglas Adams/HHGttG."

I remembered Douglas Adams but it was about a year and a half later before I bought HHGttG. And well within a week I had all five books in the 'trilogy' all read up. I sent her a thank you letter and gave her a call.

I did go to private high school if you were wondering. I don't think the Hillsborough (Tampa, FL) County school system has that good of at college application/guidance program.