Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bloomberg/BusinessWeek interview on Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What an amazing amount of misleading and misguided comments. I don’t know where to begin! I would love to have a discussion with this gentleman to open his mind to the power of the majority and the future. The most important thing to state is this, every law on the books in the US can be changed with voter majority. The “Powerful Dealerships” are real, that is accurate. But never discount the voters! You may remember a certain segment of our political system who recently did so. Tesla, the first open source car manufacturer. A paradigm shift in business, politics, social media, and sustainability. I have made my living for the last 30 years in the automotive dealership realm and the buying public is screaming for this change. At some point buyers will stop buying from those who stand in their way from getting what they want. And for the record, the MA & Pa dealerships he commented on who support the local economy are dying fast! Large corporate groups are devouring them at a very rapid rate. That was a very weak point for him to make.

The media always get's it wrong (see my link below). I wrote this in July (before TESLIVE, or the Hyperloop announcement). It was supposed to be a comment on the media getting things wrong, but got sent to a dead end thread by moderators...

Elon Musk

I just don't get it, I am a lifelong republican and entrepreneur. I think most of the problem is many people are ideologues. If I belong to a certain group of people I must agree with the ideas they have stated opinions on. I guess I am just too independent to go down that road. If anyone takes the time to fully understand the motives of this company and associated efforts of those involved it is clear to see why the public is buying into the business. Let the buyers decide and win people over one person at a time through driver and ownership experience. They will eventually get it right, consider the first 6 months of the Ford factory at the turn of the century! Can you imagine the comments people made? It is human nature to protect your position and point to a long list of failures. Just look at corporate America! Executives will rarely if ever risk their jobs to change things up. While there are many, many unique features on the Tesla products, currently I feel the most undervalued is the ability to update the car without physically touching it. It is hard for the typical driver to comprehend what this means. But it will come with time. It's all fun!!

I just don't get it, I am a lifelong republican and entrepreneur. I think most of the problem is many people are ideologues. If I belong to a certain group of people I must agree with the ideas they have stated opinions on. I guess I am just too independent to go down that road. If anyone takes the time to fully understand the motives of this company and associated efforts of those involved it is clear to see why the public is buying into the business. Let the buyers decide and win people over one person at a time through driver and ownership experience. They will eventually get it right, consider the first 6 months of the Ford factory at the turn of the century! Can you imagine the comments people made? It is human nature to protect your position and point to a long list of failures. Just look at corporate America! Executives will rarely if ever risk their jobs to change things up. While there are many, many unique features on the Tesla products, currently I feel the most undervalued is the ability to update the car without physically touching it. It is hard for the typical driver to comprehend what this means. But it will come with time. It's all fun!!

The problem is a political problem rather then actual. Why are republicans against EVs or cleaner technologies as a whole? Because democrats generally are for EVs and cleaner technologies.(I say generally because not everyone is the same). The same happens on the democrats being against things just because republicans are for those things. Unfortunately squabbles have devolved into blocking the other guy rather then competing to make things better. And like all things, if your opponent stands for 1 thing, and you stand for the other thing it also splits up money contribution. People for it will contribute one way and people against it will contribute the other way.

Both democrats and republicans can support EVs, but politics gets in the way.

Not sure why you need to say No. I believe the motors come from Germany. He started to say Germany, probably because he heard that something comes from German but the "frame comes from the UK" thing has been floating around since the before the Model S.

I am pretty sure I read it somewhere but couldn't find it when I went looking. I could be wrong but remember being surprised when I read it. Thought it was from the north american content thread but didn't see it there.