TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Bloomberg FUD on the Quarterly Announcement

Discussion in 'Video' started by Phil Seastrand, May 7, 2014.

1. Phil Seastrand

Why Tesla Model S Sales Missed Top Estimates: Video - Bloomberg

May 7 (Bloomberg) -- Tesla Motors fell after the electric-car maker reported first-quarter Model S sales growth that was below top-of-the-range analyst expectations. Cory Johnson breaks down the numbers on Bloomberg Television's "Taking Stock." (Source: Bloomberg)

All I can say is wow...

2. moollar

moollar Member

The guy has no idea. Tesla guided to lower sales numbers this quarter and can account for the difference between cars sold and cars produced as more were in transit to overseas markets. What a n00b.

3. SteveG3

SteveG3 Active Member

4. ZsoZso

ZsoZso Member

What an idiot this guy is...

How can he say TM "cannot sell what they produce" when there is a 3month+ waiting list and 10% increase in orders without increase in deliveries ?

Of course they had to build more to "inventory" for the new galleries opened in China and Europe where they need to show the car and have demo units for test-drive. They also have some on ships headed for China and Europe -- that more than explains the extra 1000 built but not delivered.

5. Gavars Gints

Gavars Gints Member

[video]http://www.bloomberg.com/video/tesla-results-disappoint-is-this-a-warning-lr3X7gZnS1~No0EKwuui1A.html[/video]

6. SteveG3

SteveG3 Active Member

watching this double talk (supply constraint doesn't explain Tesla not beating expected Q1 deliveries but it will hurt their ability to grow sales in China ?!#*?), reminded me of this video posted this week in the investor's section. it's Jim Cramer in December 2006 describing what he says goes on behind the scenes with hedge funds, coverage in the media, and stock prices.

Jim Cramer and Arron Task - YouTube

7. GasDoc

GasDoc Member

"Wow" is right.

If this BS is what retail investors are basing their decisions on, we're in for a nice treat when people realize what the reality is.

Seriously? Sales are down because they "made more cars than they sold"? Everyone knows that every single Model S is made to order and already has a buyer. Tesla guided these "lower" sales because the cars are en route overseas. He makes it sound like there is an inventory of a thousand Model S's sitting around with no buyers.

"It's a $120,000 car for millionaires, even after the tax credits. This guy can't even tell the difference between $120k and $61k (based on CA) and he's supposed to be knowledgeable in financial.

Idiot.

8. CliffG

CliffG Member

Am I the only one who finds it funny/ironic that before you get to the Bloomberg piece, you're prepared for it by the ad warning about Financial Noise?

9. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

I agree with the going sentiments on this thread.... that guy is bias and he has it out for TM maybe because he has money riding on shorts. I think the great issues at hand is the fact that someone can having a slanted opinion about TM's financial state and not be challenged.