Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bloomberg Review of Model S P90D: Almost Perfect

Curt Renz

Mar 5, 2013
USA
Below is yesterday's immensely positive review of the Tesla Model S P90D by a Bloomberg reporter.

Last edited by a moderator:

andrewket

Dec 20, 2012
They called it a 2016.. It's a 2015. Also said they preferred the config with 5 seats instead of 7 because it gives you the cargo room in the back. I don't think they realized the back row folds down and flat. And a range of 300 miles? Uh, no.

yo mama

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2015
san jose, CA
Based on the video it also appears that one of the unstated benefits of the P90D may be that women who drive them become super hot. Bonus!

romp

Apr 18, 2014
Seattle
Based on the video it also appears that one of the unstated benefits of the P90D may be that women who drive them become super hot. Bonus!

That's also a feature of P85+. Or just a feature of my car. Or my wife. Can't tell for sure, but surely one of them.

In all seriousness, I'm pretty sure most of our cars came with this package included (can't say no extra cost, but included).

3s-a-charm

Jul 18, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Oops... "Forward and rear cameras standard..." (only rear) and "wifi standard" (makes it seem like it comes with a wifi hotspot)

Great point about the antiquated gear shift stalk on such a futuristic car!

yo mama

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2015
san jose, CA
Or men who drive them tend to have super hot female passengers.
Hmmm. From my perspective the person in the original video was a stunningly beautiful woman. Then again, I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. Sometimes it's hard to tell around here, which may affect my judgment.

ecarfan

Sep 21, 2013
West Vancouver, British Columbia
I'm questioning if they include it in non-AP cars.
YES. EVERY MODEL S BUILT SINCE LATE SEPTEMBER 2014. .
At this point we only know for sure that it is used for Autopilot functions, but it could also be used for the automatic emergency braking and steering -- which is not yet fully implemented, I believe -- but is being required in the EU.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC