Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bloomberg: Tesla CEO Musk Morphs From Tony Stark to Henry Ford

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great article. Thanks!

While it's a great someone like Bill likes the direction we are headed with cars and technology, he still doesn't get the new concept that Tesla is striving for. haha

“I love their technology,” Bill Ford said April 30 at a conference in Beverly Hills. “They need to be mindful as they scale up that running a car company is different than running a technology company. Some of the mundane pieces, like supply-chain management and keeping dealerships stocked with parts, aren’t very sexy, but they are very real.”

Great article. Thanks!

While it's a great someone like Bill likes the direction we are headed with cars and technology, he still doesn't get the new concept that Tesla is striving for. haha

“I love their technology,” Bill Ford said April 30 at a conference in Beverly Hills. “They need to be mindful as they scale up that running a car company is different than running a technology company. Some of the mundane pieces, like supply-chain management and keeping dealerships stocked with parts, aren’t very sexy, but they are very real.”

Well, that may still apply. As it is, their online store and service centers run out of things often. I think Tesla can do it though. Have the mundane bureaucratic side, and the fast-moving innovative side. An in-house think tank to fuel the business with fresh product.

"Shares of Palo Alto, California-based Tesla have more than tripled this year amid its profitable quarter. That profit included a one-time benefit from repaying its U.S. loan early. Without it, Tesla earned less than half a cent per share."

Call me stupid, bu didn't the loan get paid off in Q2?

"Shares of Palo Alto, California-based Tesla have more than tripled this year amid its profitable quarter. That profit included a one-time benefit from repaying its U.S. loan early. Without it, Tesla earned less than half a cent per share."

Call me stupid, bu didn't the loan get paid off in Q2?

You're not stupid. The report is wrong on that front. I think they meant to say ZEV credits maybe? The rest wasn't too bad though.