TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Bloomberg: Tesla CEO Musk Morphs From Tony Stark to Henry Ford

Discussion in 'News' started by bollar, Jul 16, 2013.

1. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

2. ggies07

ggies07 Active Member

Great article. Thanks!

While it's a great someone like Bill likes the direction we are headed with cars and technology, he still doesn't get the new concept that Tesla is striving for. haha

“I love their technology,” Bill Ford said April 30 at a conference in Beverly Hills. “They need to be mindful as they scale up that running a car company is different than running a technology company. Some of the mundane pieces, like supply-chain management and keeping dealerships stocked with parts, aren’t very sexy, but they are very real.”

3. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Well, that may still apply. As it is, their online store and service centers run out of things often. I think Tesla can do it though. Have the mundane bureaucratic side, and the fast-moving innovative side. An in-house think tank to fuel the business with fresh product.

4. ggies07

ggies07 Active Member

oh, well in that sense, yes.

5. moollar

moollar Member

Good article. Wasted a few minutes of my time reading the comments though. There are a lot of misinformed people out there!

6. kcveins

kcveins delivery 2/7

"Shares of Palo Alto, California-based Tesla have more than tripled this year amid its profitable quarter. That profit included a one-time benefit from repaying its U.S. loan early. Without it, Tesla earned less than half a cent per share."

Call me stupid, bu didn't the loan get paid off in Q2?

7. moollar

moollar Member

You're not stupid. The report is wrong on that front. I think they meant to say ZEV credits maybe? The rest wasn't too bad though.