Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue 2021 Model Y with gemini wheels photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am leaning towards a blue model y with black interior and saw it in person with the black induction wheels. Does anyone have photos of it with the gemini wheels instead?
Or is there a website section where I can see every member's car?

Here you go!

Attachments

• IMG_2554.jpg
    IMG_2554.jpg
    493.3 KB · Views: 5,084
I am leaning towards a blue model y with black interior and saw it in person with the black induction wheels. Does anyone have photos of it with the gemini wheels instead?
The bigger the rims, the less tire sidewall you will have to absorb the bumps. This is one bumpy car, so my vote would be to get the Gemini's.

1616789154238.png

Reactions: flyingcasual
Yes, you need to do a bit of research here. This is a big decision. The Inductions are curb magnets and provide a harsher ride. The Gemini's have hubcaps and will save you hundreds on tires. Without the hubcaps they look weak, but several have painted or powder-coated for improvement. I've been wrestling with the decision for months and still can't decide.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Here are a bunch of pics from my delivery day 2 weeks ago.
Thread 'Great delivery experience today (Mt. Kisco, NY)!'
Great delivery experience today (Mt. Kisco, NY)!

What did you do to get the wheels black?
A detail shop in St Louis did the work for me, Both the calipers are wheels were painted with GLOSS Paint, don't know the brand, but it did involve pre-heating the wheels before and heating them afterward to help cure the paint.

The calipers were painted with Rust-Oleum gloss high temp caliper paint. I paid $600 for all that.

I have since replaced the lug caps with black ones:
pIc5h7T.jpg

I'm still tweaking the look step by step. But I'm leaning towards the look I have now and most likely will leave the center cap as-is for a wee bit of contrast.

Last edited:
Reactions: timeshifter