TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Blue/black combination

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by docrice, Jun 28, 2014.

1. docrice

docrice Member

Perhaps it's just my own experience, but the vast majority of blue Model S vehicles that I've seen on the road or in stores had the tan interior. I personally prefer the black interior as I think it's sharper to look at (plus the dash looks more seamless to me as opposed to with the tan covering on the bottom), but as a whole when looking at the entire package from the outside maybe the blue and black combination is just excessively dark and lacking contrast.

I stopped by the Palo Alto store recently and was lucky enough to see two blue ones with the two different interior colors side by side. I think I still prefer to sit in the black interior, but the tan in some ways offsets it with the contrasting black trim.

Aside from hot weather concerns with a black interior (hopefully rectified by pre-cooling via the phone app), what are your thoughts on this color combination?

2. elie06

elie06 Member

I had the same doubts but i finally ordered the Blue with Black Textile seats and pano black trimmings.
    I've had the car for 2 weeks now and the combination is fantastic.
    All the people that have seen the car so far agree... the blue and black combo is the way to go !!!

Regards,

Elie

3. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Post a photo with the doors open?

4. dj905

dj905 Member

I have had the Blue/Black combination for 18 months. I love it and continue to get lots of positive comments.

5. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

IMG_20130904_074053.jpg
    I've had mine for over a year, still love it. You are right, heat isn't much of an issue since you can precool via the app. Here in FL, the inside is going to be ridiculously hot no matter what color it is.

6. docrice

docrice Member

7. hiroshiy

hiroshiy Active Member

I ordered the same, blue paint + black leather interior. I liked the blue paint, and thought black interior will show least wear on years of use.

Tan looks dirty when it gets old. I had tan interior on one of my previous cars, and I couldn't stand the color difference between driver's seat and passenger seat.

8. Blue_T

Blue_T New Member

I have the blue and black leather with the pano and think it looks sharp. The pano, tan pillar trim, and roof trim contrasts great with the black leather. The pano lets in enough light to brighten up the interior too.