TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Blue & Black

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by kevincwelch, Sep 30, 2012.

1. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

Anyone have any shots of the blue Model S with black leather? Can't decide: tan or black leather. (Have kids, but also never had black leather seats.)

2. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Don't have pictures but the black leather looks nice, especially with the red piping on the performance.

3. contaygious

contaygious Active Member

Have never seen that, but boy does blue/tan look nice!

4. kevincwelch

I test drove the blue/tan. Originally I wanted either black/black or blue/black, but I was really impressed with the blue/tan. I'd love to get a car with black leather, and I think it would cut down on the number of tones in the cabin. So tough...

5. ToddRLockwood

ToddRLockwood Active Member

Blue-tan is a beautiful combination. The black interior is really closer to charcoal gray.

6. kevincwelch

Really???

Hmmm, not excited about that revelation. I assumed it would be the same color as the seat backs.

7. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

I have seen the Blue with tan leather in standard and performance, and they are both gorgeous. I drove the grey perf with black leather, and while nice, it gave a much smaller feeling to the interior. And I am not a fan of the red perf piping (though the piping on the grey and tan looks very good to me).

8. MikeK

MikeK R#129, TSLA shareholder

Saw one of the Blue/Tan cars at Menlo Park the other day. Really a stunner.

9. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I have as well. I was thinking of Grey with Black interior until I saw the Blue/Tan cars. I drove both a Prod and Perf model with that color combo and am sold on it. My current car is black with black leather and I usually go in that direction. The blue Model S almost looks black in certain light, but is beautiful in the sunlight. The tan interior is really tan/black and works quite well.

10. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

From the drive event, perf seat:
    Tesla Model S Test Drive 6-23-12 002.jpg I think the black regular is still the same black color.

- - - Updated - - -

And the car:
    Tesla Model S Test Drive 6-23-12 056.jpg

11. htsai14752

htsai14752 Member

Anyone have pictures of this combo yet? still curious to see how blue with black interior would look.

12. htsai14752

htsai14752 Member

Merge: Blue and Black

Could you post some pictures with your door opened. I would really like to see the black interior with the blue exterior. Thanks!

13. derekt75

derekt75 Member

The sun just set and an iPhone is a crappy camera, but here it is:
    IMG_0333.JPG

I have to say that the black and blue look is nice, even though it doesn't come across in the picture.
    I think beige would look better on the whole, but beige will have brown "highlights" within a year while black will stay black. The black with red piping is really nice looking, too.

I'm very glad I got a black interior.

14. celter

celter Member

Is there a piping on the grey and tan seats as well?

15. celter

celter Member

I meant if the piping had another colour than the leather, of course.

16. kcveins

kcveins delivery 2/7

I have the blue and black, but no red piping - I presume that this is because I don't have the performance model. No pics from me since I just took delivery on Thursday and the sun hasn't been out since then :mad:

17. Bucket22

Bucket22 P85 / #3287

Several blue/black combo pics here: Model S Photo Gallery - Page 7