TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Blue colored Performance + nowhere to be found yet?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Evoixse, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Evoixse

Evoixse Member

Its kinda hard to believe that the free standard black is being issued VIN's of the performance variation and a premium color option like blue isnt... whatsup with that?

2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

3. ghostbusta

ghostbusta Member

I think he means those of us that ordered a P+ blue Model 3 have yet to see any traction with our orders :/

• Informative x 1
  4. WittyMathGuy

WittyMathGuy Member

Wasn't there something about the blue possibly being different now? It definitely looks different in the configurator than it used to. I wonder if that's contributing to a delay in blue orders being fulfilled.

5. jdmasters

jdmasters Member

Yup, blue and obsidian black have yet to pop up. Lets just hope that means we are getting better cars ;)

• Like x 1
  6. Evoixse

Evoixse Member

I never have read about this before but now that you mention it. I always thought the blue in the configurator was more "electric" than the previous blue I've seen. If that's the case I'm okay with the extra wait. Lol

• Like x 1
  7. ghostbusta

ghostbusta Member

Those are renders and all the blues delivered so far have been the darker shade, but one could always hope!

8. Krash

Krash Data Technician

On the plus side the AWD blue orders can change to white interior since their VINs are not yet assigned.

• Like x 2
  9. Ormond

Ormond Member

You'd think that if a new color were introduced that it would merit a new name. I'd go for a brighter "Baltic Blue Metallic."

10. Evoixse

Evoixse Member

I wish, my edit button went away last Friday with the new confirmation page

Attached Files:

11. WittyMathGuy

WittyMathGuy Member

Nice! Maybe that means they are finally doing a blue batch...

• Like x 1
  12. Beleren

Beleren New Member

I’ve got a blue exterior / black interior with performance options on order (ordered 6/29) and I can still hit the edit button. Going back and forth on the white interior. A friend of mine just ordered (no reservation) a blue PM3 and went with white interior and was given the same timeframe as I was: Aug - Oct.

13. Evoixse

Evoixse Member

You give me hope and made my day a little better lol.

14. Boomer19

Boomer19 Supporting Member

yeah i don’t have edit button anymore either.
    i’m blue with black int
    but i also confirmed all my details so maybe that’s why the edit button went missing?

15. chr147

chr147 Member

Put my order in for PM3 yesterday!

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
  16. WittyMathGuy

WittyMathGuy Member

I still have full edit capabilities (even though I'd rather not :) )

• Like x 1
  17. Beleren

Beleren New Member

I am down to wait until November; I’d rather save up for a larger down payment and still get the guaranteed tax credit. Only reason I put my order through was because I was worried about not getting it before the end of the year.

Has anyone tried to delay delivery? Funny question and I’ll probably ask in a separate post for more visibility, but I might try that.

18. Krash

Krash Data Technician

For those that are unclear, if your edit button has disappeared but you don't have your VIN yet and still need a change, especially if it is a upcharge, give them a call. You should be fine.

19. Moderatefan

Moderatefan Member

Tried to change "trade in" yet? That may bring the button back.

20. Boomer19

Boomer19 Supporting Member

can’t. i’m completely locked. not sure at this point if i should’ve been contacted or if it went to junk or not hah. maybe i should call, but i don’t feel like waiting hour+

i’ll take tips if any has them (as in, is this the expected behavior or not)