Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue exterior - any comments from those who have seen or purchased?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
David,
I decided on blue with tan interior. I think it is a very elegant look. I realize that tastes vary widely -- for example, I cannot imagine wanting a white car, but they are very popular and well loved. Go with your gut. In the end, I don't think it makes much difference. Right now you are deciding between colors, but once you are in it, the ride is what you will appreciate. Having said that, I do usually turn around and appreciate the car's looks when I walk away from it.

Here are a few photos of my blue "Falcon" -- both the same bright day.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 337
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 307
I love my blue MS. However, if I were to do it again, I'd go with the black. Black everything. Dark wheels. Tint. There is no other color that shows as deep a gloss and reflection as does black. Because of this, it is the hardest to maintain. I'd be up for the challenge. But, like others say, the blue gives you a beautiful car that lives two lives: radiant and metallic in the bright day and deep and mysterious in the shadows.

It's good to hear you so say that, I've ordered a black one and am just awaiting my final days now hopefully. I was wondering about blue because of this thread and how it reminded me of my E39 M5 that was Carbon Black (more blue than black) and how I loved that color. But, I think black is the right color for me, and I'm excited about it.

If you want to change colors, you can always do a wrap or a matte finished wrap. I think matte black (which I saw on another thread here today) looks great, I think matte blue would too.

I've got a few days before I push the confirm button, and I've chosen the Blue color. I've seen the sample in the showroom, but I'm wondering how it shows up on the whole car, Is it dark and just looks like black, or can you tell pretty easily it's a metallic blue?

The blue was at or near the top of my list, although I ultimately went with brown. But I think the blue looks great.

Happy with blue. I agonized between blue and gray, the only two colors I had not seen before finalizing. I still haven't seen a gray in person. I must say I'm a little jealous of reading how easily people are changing configurations after finalizing. I had remorse on my textile after finalizing but wasn't allowed to change to leather. No problems with the textile itself, though, just wanted the seat heaters, which used to be leather-only.

Attachments

• DSC_0808.jpg
    DSC_0808.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 236
Personally I hate blue cars... except the Model S blue. At times in certain lighting it is so dark it looks black. But in the right light it is amazing. Reminds of Jan Van Eyck lapis lazuli blue in renaissance paintings. It is very opulent, deep and dark. I did not order the blue, but it is a really unique car color and I respect it. I have seen many and like them a lot.

Cheers.

I was torn between easy to maintain silver or the hard to keep clean blue. In the end, I really liked how the blue looked in pictures over the silver. I never saw one in person but decided that as nice of a car the model S is, I would be obsessively taking more time anyway to keeping it clean. Definitely NOT disappointed with my choice!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    494.8 KB · Views: 223
Not too much to add to this - as I agree with 95% of the comments.

Bollar is right - it is black until you tell someone it is blue, especially if you are in a parking garage, it is night, it is cloudy, etc. But when the sun hits it, it is an iridescent blue which is unmistakable. Really, there is no other blue quite like it.

However, duckjybe is spot on when it comes to cleanliness. I don't care how much you try, it shows every speck of dirt, every wind drawn aerodynamic dragged line of soapy water you didn't get to behind the mirrors ... it is just like any other car of that deep dark hue.

But the real reason I got the blue is that my ex-wife hates blue.

Simple as that.

WJ

I love my Blue Model S! I have wanted a blue car for a long time but always wound up with black. There just weren't many blues that were exactly right. This one is. And with the black dash and tan interior--the combo is spectacular. Plus, just to give a little punch, I got the multi-coat red wheel cap centers.